Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Star. Trek. vs. Lost. In. Space. Capt. and. Starman. Show

Star. Trek. vs. Lost. In. Space. Capt. and. Starman. Show (Page 4)
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by starman View Post
LOL and you couldn't even get THIS part right.

It hasn't even been cast or shot and you're posting this...and a financial backer (and a large one at that)???

Oh, this is HILARIOUS.

This whole time you were a financial backer, and you can't even get your facts right.

I'm SERIOUSLY having a beer in your honor for this screwup.
So CTP is yet again making rather "suspect" claims? Say it isn't so!

OAW

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 12:03 PM

Pretty much.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 01:00 PM

Guys, did you know that CTP is rich?

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
I know a lot more about the project than you or the media
Then why did I know Axanar was in trouble....two months BEFORE THE LAWSUIT HAPPENED?

You've shown yourself to be very defensive, and you can't answer any of the issues I brought up. When I do post links and facts, you make jokes. You deflect every fact simply because you don't want to feel like you supported a failed endeavor (hint: you did).

So this entire time, you were just trying to protect your financial interest.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I hear he supports failing fan fiction.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 01:11 PM

See, I already know the source of your butthurt, I can trigger it at will.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 01:13 PM

See, I already know the source of your butthurt, I can trigger it at will.
?? I'm not butthurt about anything. I don't care about this topic.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 01:13 PM

To be honest, I don't think CTP should even post about the topic anymore.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 01:16 PM

laughable nonsense
It's in trouble? What? When did that happen? At no point was CBS going to be able to shut Axanar down. The only reason they halted production was PR, once CBS finally figured out that they couldn't stop it, it was going forward. I know this makes you sad, for reasons I can't fathom, but that's the way it is. You'll survive, just keep taking deep breaths.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 01:18 PM

It's in trouble? What? When did that happen? At no point was CBS going to be able to shut Axanar down. The only reason they halted production was PR, once CBS finally figured out that they couldn't stop it, it was going forward. I know this makes you sad, for reasons I can't fathom, but that's the way it is. You'll survive, just keep taking deep breaths.
I was at NYCC talking with friends who gave me the tip that Axanar was in trouble. That was early October, 2015.

Keep making jokes and stuff...it shows how insecure you are about your financial investment.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 01:22 PM

You've shown yourself to be very defensive,
The projection is just too much. You're the one losing their mind, for reasons no one is able to comprehend. It is funny, though.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 01:24 PM

The projection is just too much. You're the one losing their mind, for reasons no one is able to comprehend. It is funny, though.
Am I losing my mind? I'm just laughing at you. Laughing hard, but laughing. I'm not the one hiding behind Spock dolls and jokes to deflect the real problem which is that you're very worried about your financial investment.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 01:32 PM

Oh my god... it's a mirage

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 01:38 PM

?? I'm not butthurt about anything. I don't care about this topic.
Any time $$ comes up you bitch about it. Since I'm never going to just hide what I am (I'm not afflicted with rich-white-man guilt), and I never should have to, you should learn to get a grip.

I was at NYCC talking with friends who gave me the tip that Axanar was in trouble. That was early October, 2015.
Riiiight.

Keep making jokes and stuff...it shows how insecure you are about your financial investment.
Fam, I back so much sh*t I sometimes lose track, especially since the crowdfunding companies started, I've even accidentally backed the same projects twice. My interest over this isn't about my investment (the $$ doesn't matter), it's about wanting to see the finished film. It only shows the depth of your neurosis that you don't understand that. Seriously, why are you projecting your financial insecurities onto me?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 01:39 PM

Am I losing my mind? I'm just laughing at you. Laughing hard, but laughing. I'm not the one hiding behind Spock dolls and jokes to deflect the real problem which is that you're very worried about your financial investment.
Priceless.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 02:22 PM

Any time $$ comes up you bitch about it. Since I'm never going to just hide what I am (I'm not afflicted with rich-white-man guilt), and I never should have to, you should learn to get a grip.
Why are you the only person here whose financial position we know about, whether rich or poor?

Honestly, this just comes across as insecurity. Why does this even matter? You are just a guy on the internet, I don't think any of us care what the other person makes. Even if we did, we could never verify these claims anyway.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 02:28 PM

Riiiight.
I really don't give a f* if you believe me or not. However, there are people here that know that I'm not lying.

Actually, I think you know I'm telling the truth, but...more denial and defensiveness. We had a whole conversation about Axanar and crowdfunding that night. Sorry if you invested in a failed project (heh, not really), but the fact is that there were TONS of warning signs about Axanar before the lawsuit. Some were from copyright infringement, some from AP's claim that "this is not a fan film", and a LOT of concern from people that put money into it and haven't seen anything.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 02:28 PM

Why are you the only person here whose financial position we know about, whether rich or poor?

Honestly, this just comes across as insecurity. Why does this even matter? You are just a guy on the internet, I don't think any of us care what the other person makes.
Priceless.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 02:38 PM

If you pay attention to someone, this isn't a difficult thing to infer.

It's similar to one's sexuality. People drop unconscious cues about it all the time.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
If you pay attention to someone, this isn't a difficult thing to infer.

It's similar to one's sexuality. People drop unconscious cues about it all the time.

True, but I don't have to infer anything with him. It's just weird, and incredibly distracting why he seems to go out of his way to draw attention to this. As far as I can tell it's a way to brag without bragging - to showcase accolades and credentials. A good comparison would be IQ scores. Do you know people that go out of their way to make regular references to their IQ?

I think being gay is different, since we're still in a place where it matters to some who is and isn't gay.

There is a reasonable chance I'll be rich within a few years or so. Document this mentally: if it happens I might announce it once as a sort of besson3c life news update, but it won't be nearly as obvious from that point on because I won't feel like parading this on the internet. I don't think I've mentioned my having aspergers more than once, which is similarly life-defining.

Maybe it's just weird to me because I have a different sense of personal privacy. I don't know.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 03:19 PM

I think being gay is different, since we're still in a place where it matters to some who is and isn't gay.
It definitely matters to some who is and who isn't rich.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
It definitely matters to some who is and who isn't rich.
Well, yes, but in real life when people aren't anonymous.

Our lives are no different if some random guy on the internet with a fake name claims to be rich. For one, like I said, we couldn't verify this even if we wanted to.

By the way, I'm Tom Hanks.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 03:40 PM

In this case, how much was sent to Axanar makes it seem like he believes he's important to the project. How much was donated is 100% irrelevant to my opinion on the matter, and 100% irrelevant to the lawsuit when it started. Just because he donated a lot doesn't mean I'm supposed to be impressed, nor does it change my mind.

If anything, it makes CTP look like a complete fool since he didn't even realize nothing had been cast, let alone shot, yet he posts with certainty that it has been shot and is in post production.

I went to bed laughing so much about that last night.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 04:04 PM

Why such vitriol though, Starman?

Surely you aren't new to the fact that the internet is full of anonymous people with credentials we can't verify, who hold strong opinions.
( Last edited by besson3c; May 23, 2016 at 07:01 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 04:07 PM

If anything, it makes CTP look like a complete fool since he didn't even realize nothing had been cast, let alone shot, yet he posts with certainty that it has been shot and is in post production.
I can assure you this is far from the first time that CTP has spoken "confidently" and "authoritatively" on topics he is utterly clueless about around here. And it certainly won't be the last.

OAW

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 04:08 PM

Why such vitriol though, Starman?

Surely you aren't new to the fact that the internet is full of anonymous people with credentials we can't verify, who share strong opinions.
It's not vitriol, just trying to understand how someone can be shown the sky is blue, and feels that because they put a ton of money into something that they can say the sky is green, and laugh at everyone who says it's blue.

Hint: it's blue.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
I can assure you this is far from the first time that CTP has spoken "confidently" and "authoritatively" on topics he is utterly clueless about around me here. And it certainly won't be the last.

OAW
Perhaps. I just ignore certain people here when it comes to certain topics.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 04:35 PM

Absolutely incorrect, I know what many here do for a living and the income ranges of many members (especially those who have been around over a decade), this is just more of you not paying attention (which you've admitted to on several occasions).

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 04:38 PM

I really don't give a f* if you believe me or not. However, there are people here that know that I'm not lying.

Actually, I think you know I'm telling the truth, but...more denial and defensiveness. We had a whole conversation about Axanar and crowdfunding that night. Sorry if you invested in a failed project (heh, not really), but the fact is that there were TONS of warning signs about Axanar before the lawsuit. Some were from copyright infringement, some from AP's claim that "this is not a fan film", and a LOT of concern from people that put money into it and haven't seen anything.
Yeah, your delusion has reached epic proportions. I still can't figure out the source of your hemorrhoids over this. Seriously, did they key your car?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 04:42 PM

True, but I don't have to infer anything with him. It's just weird, and incredibly distracting why he seems to go out of his way to draw attention to this.
I don't, your ideology makes you irritated with people who have more than you. That's insecurity. Ex. When Laminar gets a car, or bike, or piece of audio gear, no one castigates him, if I mention anything like that you lose your sh*t. It's classism, pure and simple.

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
I can assure you this is far from the first time that CTP has spoken "confidently" and "authoritatively" on topics he is utterly clueless about around here. And it certainly won't be the last.
Aww, you're such a fangirl.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 04:42 PM

Yeah, your delusion has reached epic proportions. I still can't figure out the source of your hemorrhoids over this. Seriously, did they key your car?
No delusion. By the way, how's the final editing coming? Did you buy them an AVID system?

starman
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 04:43 PM

I don't, your ideology makes you irritated with people who have more than you. That's insecurity. Ex. When Laminar gets a car no one castigates him, if I mention anything like that you lose your sh*t. It's classism, pure and simple.
Look out, someone bought a car....

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2016, 04:49 PM

No delusion. By the way, how's the final editing coming? Did you buy them an AVID system?
You need therapy, you've completely lost what was left of your mind. (WTF? People still use AVID?)

Look out, someone bought a car....
What day is it? I buy and sell cars on the regular, it's a main hobby of mine.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 23, 2016, 07:13 PM

So the reason you thought the movie was already shot and in post-production is because you finance so many projects you lost track.

That's some slick-ass spin right there.

Also, Starman and Shaddim bickering with each other is quite literally like looking into Satan's butthole.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Also, Starman and Shaddim bickering with each other is quite literally like looking into Satan's butthole.

But if Satan is a deity, would he poop? Why would he have to?

I would have gone for Abe's butthole.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 23, 2016, 09:23 PM

That, my friends, is how you get the last word, by outwitting all of you clowns.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2016, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
So the reason you thought the movie was already shot and in post-production is because you finance so many projects you lost track.

That's some slick-ass spin right there.

I'd misread their current status but it's further along than starman knows (or admits), the status I'd seen listed as complete was for the preroll and non-actor sequences. And yes I do sometimes lose track with my projects: Gofundme, indiegogo, Kickstarter, Patreon, Kiva (those are loans), and Youcaring (which is just charity). So?

Are you a proctologist, or is that simply your kink?

ghporter
Administrator
May 24, 2016, 08:06 PM

Exactly this.

And carrot people. Don't forget the silly carrot people.
"Moisture! Moisture! I need MOISTURE!!!"

That, and the part where he says he transplanted a celery heart into the one character...

Interestingly, the carrot guy was played by Stanley Adams, who played Cyrano Jones in Star Trek's The Trouble with Tribbles, one of the more complex (and comic) ST episodes.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

starman
Clinically Insane
May 27, 2016, 09:41 PM

Looks like Peters can't keep from screwing himself.

He tried to make it look like Starbase Studios was going to back Peters by giving them a proposed set of guidelines for fan films. When they got wind of this, they disavowed Peters and sided with CBS/P.

I love this.

“We are now all against Peters. None of us, as far as I am aware, want to be affiliated with the guy. He’s like the black plague. Everything gets blasted out online and no one is happy.”

EDIT: Now that I think about it - why the f* is Peters drafting the guidelines? Didn't he get sued? How about taking a look at the successful fan films and see what they did right instead of what Peters did wrong. Cawley basically told Peters that he's not going to join (not surprised) and I'll bet Vic won't either.

Fan Film Guideline Fiasco – Moby's!

http://www.axamonitor.com/doku.php?id=axanar_guidelines

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2016, 12:21 AM

Wow, the jealousy is intense.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 28, 2016, 07:16 PM

How is it jealousy? Why is the guy being sued writing the guidelines for everyone else?

reader50
Administrator
Jun 1, 2016, 10:28 PM

Apologies for the delay. Real world stuff for the last few weeks.
It {administrator pay} wasn't disclosed up front.
There is a vague reference to "Add to that a portion of the ongoing studio costs", but I agree this wasn't specific enough. If administrators are paid, it should be clearly disclosed up front.

As for the money:

"62. On information and belief, Defendants enjoy a direct financial benefit from the preparation, duplication, and distribution of the infringing Axanar Works."
Boilerplate language, without specifics. It's not even specific to Peters, as "Defendants" is plural. If Paramount/CBS did object to the 38K, they should be more specific.

The Axanar store is behind a paywall, but here's a video of it:
Ah, interesting. Most of the items offered are original - I don't think any of those ship designs were used in official sources. Not sure about the Klingon D6 though - if memory serves, TOS involved D4 and D5 models. And the image doesn't match the configuration used in ST1 - The Motion Picture.

The Axanar - Minion T-shirts bother me more. The text below doesn't specify if they are used with permission.

The books (ST and Stargate) will have had license fees paid by the respective publishers. Which may be true of the T-shirts too, but there is insufficient data.

starman
Clinically Insane
Jun 15, 2016, 10:15 PM

starman
Clinically Insane
Jun 16, 2016, 08:14 PM

Ok, now that the dust has settled, it looks like CBS/P is ignoring JJ/Lin and going ahead with discovery.

This is delicious.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 19, 2016, 09:44 PM

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jun 22, 2016, 08:55 AM

starman
Clinically Insane
Jun 22, 2016, 01:41 PM

And the Enterprise is in the Smithsonian

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jun 23, 2016, 07:50 AM

So? getting its second pass at being restored. OLD NEWS. get some maturity OK.

starman
Clinically Insane
Jun 23, 2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
So? getting its second pass at being restored. OLD NEWS. get some maturity OK.

starman
Clinically Insane
Jun 23, 2016, 12:32 PM

Well, the whole Axanar thing really f*cked over every fan film creation out there. Star Trek just announced their fan film guidelines.

Star Trek Fan Films

"1. The fan production must be less than 15 minutes for a single self-contained story, or no more than 2 segments, episodes or parts, not to exceed 30 minutes total, with no additional seasons, episodes, parts, sequels or remakes."

So thanks, Alec Peters, you piece of shit.

Forum Links
Forum Rules