Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Ask Tog why he is bitter!

Ask Tog why he is bitter! (Page 2)
FooFooRabbit
Banned
Feb 1, 2000, 03:40 PM

They call me GUIMAN! You haven't heard? Poor you!

iMacster
Feb 1, 2000, 04:57 PM

I think that, FooFoo, you need to lighten up. I guess when the facts aren't really on your side you have to result to personal criticism, but please, please JUST GET OVER IT. Post your opinion and move on, few people really care to listen to you rant about how ill qualified Tog is to critique Aqua. When Tog himself comes onto this board and posts, then write rebuttals and defend your position, until then you need to understand... WE GET IT! We know you want to dress in an all Aqua leisure suit and dance around your Aqua room or whatever. Some people don't like it, some people agree with Tog. That doesn't make them stupid, nor does the fact that you have a different opinion make you "more qualified" to talk about UI than Tog.

FooFooRabbit
Banned
Feb 1, 2000, 05:31 PM

Hehe, I think *you*, sir, are taking this way to seriously.

Relax, take a deep breath, go outside and listen to the birds sing.

To some people it seems like the end of the world now that MacOS X is coming.

If ya don't like it, there are plenty of other operating systems out there.

I'm just trying to calm some people down by showing that the Aqua interface isn't that bad. But if you don't want some peace in your mind then go buy a PC or stick with MacOS 9. Apple will never be able to please 100% of you bozos.

Kuku
Feb 1, 2000, 10:23 PM

The three lights, again people who are boggle at it, should open their minds more. We don't really have 3 buttons, we have 4 (the single window mode) For all those people who cry foul, even tog, think about how you arrange 4 buttons. If you want to put the read buy itself, and the yellow, green, and purple on other, it's the same problem. Also where the person logical recalls to is subjective.

IMO the three on one side, and speical on the other makes sense. You have three commonly used button on one end, easy to remember and trained to go top left, while the special is not used as much, so you don't need to go back and forth and train yourself to remember back and forth(though it's a simple either way)

People are over analyzing the problem of miss clicking. Whether I click close instead of minimize, or maximize, or one window mode is the same thing, I goofed up and need to correct it. losing save date isn't a problem as most applcations ask you to save or no before closing.

The fequence of miss clicking isn't that high either, using the aqua theme, the buttons are about twice the distance appart from their windows counter part, It may not sound different, but it sure does, I haven't missed click because of edges yet. This is also further refined becuase the buttons are round. Yes round, you should not hate it, it makes sense. It forces the user to click on the center, not the edges which window has that problem. Try it, make not of how many times you go for the center.

The dock I can't comment that much on because I feel it's not finished, and have not use the concept first hand.

All this is gotten because I tried to simulate the experience, one that I really doubt Tog did when he wrote up his critique. This is what foofoo meant by ripping appart an UL that he only took pictures from. He may have all this professional backround on his side, but I have first hand( simulated) experience on mine.

FYI the next file management is an option, so don't complain because you likely do not need to use it if you don't want to.
~Kuku

Forum Links
Forum Rules