Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > os 9 and macromedia products

os 9 and macromedia products
orlgummo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 1999, 01:07 PM

I've seen about everything I'll ever need regarding os 9 and adobe products. The problem, however, is that I use mostly Macromedia products. Although I have it, I've yet to install os 9 (maybe this week), but I need to find out if there will be any problems with Flash, Director, Dreamweaver, Freehand, Fireworks, etc. I'd greatly appreciate any info anyone might have...

Thanks.

tbp9f
Nov 7, 1999, 04:30 PM

Dreamweaver 2.01 (says 2.0.323 in Get info) works for me so far under OS 9. I used it last night for about 2 hours without any crashes (pretty amazing for Dreamweaver!)

------------------
Tyler Perkins
[email protected]

skuli
Nov 7, 1999, 06:25 PM

I've been using Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash with OS 9 since it began shipping and have had no problems. Crashes seem to be fewer as well with Dreamweaver.

nathan_ford
Nov 7, 1999, 07:20 PM

I upgraded to OS9 reciently with out any problems from any of my Macromedia products, inclusive of Director 6.5 & 7, Flash 4, Dreamweaver 2 & Fireworks. Its nice to have some products work as their ment to.....

brianniles
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 1999, 09:15 AM

I'm having problems with Dreamweaver under OS9 using a 2 button mouse (Unimouse). When I right click (which is set up to emulate the ctrl-click) on the mouse, I get a fatal error and must reboot.

------------------
Brian Wm. Niles
Chief Marketing Officer
TargetX.com Incorporated
Brian Niles
----------
TiBook 550mhz, 512mb RAM, Combo Drive
iMac 400mhz, 320mb RAM, CDROM Drive

Forum Links
Forum Rules