Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Best Konfabulator Widgets

Best Konfabulator Widgets
eeboarder
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2006, 04:44 PM

I am just interested in finding some great konfabulator widgets to go with my new UI. What widgets would you all recommend? There are so many at konfabulator.com and it is not easy to seach or sort them.

ICD2k3
Mar 1, 2006, 04:53 PM

A word on Konfabulator... it's cool, but it my experiance each widget (even the small ones) used up way too much ram to be worth it. Just throwing that out there.
15" 1.33 Powerbook - 1.25 RAM - 100GB Seagate 5400

Lee33
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2006, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by eeboarder
I am just interested in finding some great konfabulator widgets to go with my new UI. What widgets would you all recommend? There are so many at konfabulator.com and it is not easy to seach or sort them.
www.widgetgallery.com/
2 X 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 4.5GB RAM, 30" Cinema Display

Sijmen
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2006, 10:14 AM

My suggestion would be the systemDashboard series
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2006, 11:27 AM

i agree, the systemDashboard series are great.

another good set, is the isuite widgets.

i also like itunes bar and who's there?

Northwind
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 11:41 AM

The best one would be whichever widget removes Krapfabulator from your system and sends Arlo Rose hate mail.
Reality has a liberal bias

Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 6, 2006, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Northwind
The best one would be whichever widget removes Krapfabulator from your system and sends Arlo Rose hate mail.

Not a cool attitude, those guys developed a very good and useful product for OS X that was unfortunatelly superceeded by Apples Dashboard. I liked it so much I even paid for it, so don't go spreading nasty-ness a couple of decent guys

Northwind
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2006, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Spook E
Not a cool attitude, those guys developed a very good and useful product for OS X that was unfortunatelly superceeded by Apples Dashboard. I liked it so much I even paid for it, so don't go spreading nasty-ness a couple of decent guys
Nothing in this post, except perhaps that you paid actual money for Krapfabulator (bursts into fits of laughter, returns to keyboard a full 10 minutes later), is even close to true.

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 12, 2006, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Northwind
Nothing in this post, except perhaps that you paid actual money for Krapfabulator (bursts into fits of laughter, returns to keyboard a full 10 minutes later), is even close to true.
its true that dashboard is a piece of crap and that konfabulator is possibly one of the best applications out there, that every mac user should get. just like shapeshifter and a few others.

you sound like a windows user, trying to make fun of macs, but failing miserably.

ICD2k3
Mar 12, 2006, 05:38 PM

again, konfab uses up way to much ram
15" 1.33 Powerbook - 1.25 RAM - 100GB Seagate 5400

Northwind
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2006, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by cruciarius
its true that dashboard is a piece of crap and that konfabulator is possibly one of the best applications out there, that every mac user should get. just like shapeshifter and a few others.

you sound like a windows user, trying to make fun of macs, but failing miserably.
What an odd thing to say...

Somehow, since I despise a crappy piece of Windows software, I am "making fun of Macs" and I am a Windows user, despite the fact that I would not allow Krapfabulator to sully my system but use Dashboard every day.

eastblu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2006, 08:49 AM

Northwind, needless to say you have gone off topic. This thread clearly states one's opinion on the best konfabulator widgets, not if konfabulator is good or not. Either stop flaming or give advice that is on topic. Thanks.

-eastblu

blizzard
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 19, 2006, 04:41 PM

Yeah, let's try and keep this on track, boys. Northwind, we get it, you don't like Konfabulator. Thing is, these guys do, so if it's all the same to you I think it's time you moseyed along to another thread and let sleeping dogs lie.
Living, working, and freezing in the Canadian north.

Forum Links
Forum Rules