Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > video won't play on iPod

video won't play on iPod
karends
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 5, 2007, 11:20 AM

I have Roxio Toast 8 and Mac OSX, along with a video iPod. I'm trying to get it to work. I figured out how to transfer a TV show from my TiVO through Toast to my Mac, and then to the iPod, but it won't play. It acts like it's playing (the number counter keeps moving), but there is just an icon and name of the show, no video. And after a few seconds, the screen goes blank. It's fully charged. Help!

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 5, 2007, 11:26 AM

Toast doesn't do iPod conversions, or at least not that I know of. For that task I recommend a program like iSquint:

iSquint - iPod Video Made Easy.
( Last edited by Big Mac; Dec 5, 2007 at 12:40 PM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

mkral
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 5, 2007, 12:27 PM

Go into your video preferences on the ipod & make sure that TV out is either off or "ask". It sounds like you have it set to on, which outputs the video through the video jack & it won't show up on the screen.

bleedinghand
Baninated
Dec 17, 2007, 07:40 AM

You should convert the video stream first. TIVO is MPEG2 coded

Smillz
Dec 17, 2007, 04:36 PM

Do what mkral sound first, then if that doesn't solve the problem you will most likely need to convert the file

Forum Links
Forum Rules