Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > ..due to the recent proliferation of threads..

..due to the recent proliferation of threads..
clebin
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2001, 03:19 PM

I'm probably setting myself up here - "I don't see you volunteering to become a moderator...!" (granted) - but how come no threads ever get moved to the right forums anymore?

Scott_H and Gorgonzola moved threads all the time. Right now there's threads on MSN Messenger, Sputnix, Virtual PC, Toast.... none of which belong here.

Sorry to offend the otherwise fine moderators, but I don't see that little padlock icon anywhere. What do other people think?

Chris

Jan Van Boghout
Dec 9, 2001, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by clebin:
<STRONG>I'm probably setting myself up here - "I don't see you volunteering to become a moderator...!" (granted) - but how come no threads ever get moved to the right forums anymore?

Scott_H and Gorgonzola moved threads all the time. Right now there's threads on MSN Messenger, Sputnix, Virtual PC, Toast.... none of which belong here.

Sorry to offend the otherwise fine moderators, but I don't see that little padlock icon anywhere. What do other people think?

Chris</STRONG>
I don't mind , actually . If you post in the OS X - General discussion forum instead of the right one , you get WAY more replies !
It's probably just because everybody is too lazy read all the different forums (me too ) . It's not a problem for me , though .

Jan Van Boghout
Dec 9, 2001, 04:13 PM

Your post seems to have effect . Three topics have already been closed !
What an influence

edddeduck
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2001, 04:44 PM

What have you done....

You have got the Omni 4.1 topic moved bring it back.....

We really are reaping the world-wind gentlemen..

Sonicblue is in a locking frenzy..

Cheers Edd

mr_sonicblue
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2001, 04:46 PM

Yay, locks for everyone!

We thought people could handle some sort of organization all by themselves...I guess not...

brachiator
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2001, 04:47 PM

curse you, dastardly clebin, curse you!

My thread was consigned to OSX-UNIX... from whose bourne no traveller returns, I'm afraid...

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Dec 9, 2001, 06:47 PM

Yes, I think the situation had definitely gotten out of hand. We definitely need to start cracking down more.

This is partly our fault for not killing off the useless support forum, partly users' fault for being lazy and not posting to the right one( ), and partly moderators' fault - until now, LOL, look at all the locks - for not moving things when they needed to be.

That said, let's keep all the discussion on this issue in one thread.

thanks
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

Forum Links
Forum Rules