Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iChat Problems

iChat Problems
Yukina_Raven
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2007, 01:46 AM

Hello. Completely new here... I hope this is the correct place to put this.

Anyway, I am having a problem with my iChat AV on my new iMac computer. At random periods of time, it logs me out and then, after a second or so, logs me right back in. There's no warning or anything. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. The internet itself is perfectly fine and never affected by this either.

I'm at a complete loss as to what this could be and why it would be doing this. Please help!

proton
Senior User
Jan 4, 2007, 07:33 AM

This is usually due to the AIM servers disconnecting you, they have been particularly unstable the last few days disconnecting people continually. If this is the cause, there is nothing you can do, but similarly there is nothing to worry about if the problem has stopped in a few days.

If the problem continues after that, check any router you may have for your internet connection to see if it has an idle connection timeout (unfortunately this often isn't documented or adjustable).

- proton

Forum Links
Forum Rules