Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Clamshell parts, including keys *updated 6/23*

Clamshell parts, including keys *updated 6/23*
Gametes
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2003, 05:10 PM

I still have:
Most keyboard keys - just send me an envelope and I'll send you the keys (PM me)
much of the casing, if yours needs a replacement part
charger cables.
airport card, I think
128MB ram chip, I think
misc junk... just ask and I'll see if it's on there.

-----------------

(Original contained below for posterity. Sorry, I'm an anthropologist so I literally can't destroy information)

Ok well, my iBook called it quits when I tried to install a new LCD myself. To add insult to injury, the LCD was part of a long string of upgrading I'd done in recent time, so I'm selling all these fairly new parts.

I'll add pictures of all this later. Private message me if you're interested in anything. I pay shipping.

LCD - Tested, in perfect condition. 300$

Battery - Bought 3 months ago. 100$

Charger - Six months old. Cosmtically scratched, but no fraying (why I had to get a replacement the first time). 50$

Keyboard - I replaced the first after I broke the 'e' key. This is a complete board. 25$

Keyboard - I kept the original. All keys except the 'e' are on it, I'll mail any key to anyone who mails me a self-addressed and stamped envelope. PM me for inquiry. free
( Last edited by Gametes; Jun 23, 2003 at 08:14 PM. )
you are not your signature

Vanquish
Mar 6, 2003, 05:42 PM

wrong forum mate

nsxpower
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2003, 08:09 AM

Marketplace doesn't get nearly enough traffic. I similarly have some stuff

Keyboard keys and such will send for free (postage at your expense). Just like the 'other' sticky keyboard threat, but for EU region. For other stuff PM/email me to see whats avaliable --- I need to collect that ��� for 1GB for my new TiBook
My Blog & Photos
PowerBook (Ti) 1Ghz � 1Gb � 60Gb � SD

furi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2003, 02:16 AM

are you giving away the hard drive? i sadly need one

phobic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2003, 12:55 AM

if you are giving away (i'll pay shipping and maybe I can throw alittle extra in) I need the top half of the bottom case. the half the has the track pad. I need the cable the goes from the track pad to the mother board too.
thank you,
- Matt

blackgasmask
Mar 16, 2003, 02:31 PM

sent you a pm about the key(s) I could use and perhaps the cd drive. pm or email me.
thanks

edvniow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2003, 06:42 PM

If anybody's got a spare CD drive please let me know, the one on my blueberry went out and every other place that I can find a replacement for it charges an arm and a leg for them and it's also hard to find them on eBay and I can't afford to completely replace the laptop yet so please PM or e-mail me if you've got one to spare, thanx.

ValVashon
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2003, 11:40 AM

your mailbox seems full. i'll give you $75 for the battery if you haven't already sold it.

val

imac.usr
Banned
Apr 4, 2003, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by edvniow:
If anybody's got a spare CD drive please let me know, the one on my blueberry went out and every other place that I can find a replacement for it charges an arm and a leg for them and it's also hard to find them on eBay and I can't afford to completely replace the laptop yet so please PM or e-mail me if you've got one to spare, thanx.
I picked up a Matshita UJDA330 8x-4x-24x CD-RW drive from eBay for $100 for a tangerine iBook I just acquired; based on reader reports from xlr8yourmac it should work well in the iBook. You won't be able to boot via the 'C' key, but can still boot using Command-Option-Shift-Delete. iTunes may not support it natively, but apparently Disc Burner does (and there's always Toast).

Somebody was selling the original iBook CD drive for almost the same amount, so I figured this was a better deal. If you've got the $$$, it's a good upgrade for your iBook, IMO. (Although I suppose I should reserve judgement until I find out for sure if it works -- haven't installed it yet...)

On a related note, if the original poster is interested in selling just the CD tray bezel, I'd be interested.

edvniow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 4, 2003, 03:34 PM

Thanks for the offer, but I already got a CD-ROM drive from another member here and it's working great.

Thankx though.

Gametes  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2003, 07:31 PM

Ok, so I've sold the LCD, the CD-Drive, the battery, the power connector board, and some keys.

Looking at PBParts, it's amazing how much they rip people off. I sold my CD-Drive for $50, 75% off their jacked up prices. But anyway, looking around there I saw that there really is a much larger variety of needs.

I have the modem, the Power Inverter Board, all the plastics, etc...if you need anything, just ask and I'll pawn it off pretty cheap. Just today I found out people need power jacks...

Take it easy!

PS - Oh and sorry about my inbox. I didn't realize there was a 5kb quota. If you still need anything try again now.

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Apr 10, 2003, 05:58 AM

Do you have the plastic 'Apple' for the top cover? If so I would be very interested, as I lost mine...

If you want to sell the top of the case in one go, I may jump depending on price...

Cheers,

Marc

imac.usr
Banned
Apr 11, 2003, 09:13 AM

Oh well, I'll have to try and find a CD bezel somewhere. (The UJDA330 install went well, and it works perfectly after hacking the Matshita CD driver to recognize it.)

If it's a tangerine, I'm interested in the handle.

Centris650
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 22, 2003, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by Gametes:
Just today I found out people need power jacks...
Yup, and thanks! It works great. A little hard to get to but it works perfectly! Thank you so very much. You have been a lifesaver!

billybob128
Senior User
May 16, 2003, 05:49 AM

Any one with the rubber under feet if thet will fit on an 800 icebook i would really apreciate it

Rickl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 8, 2003, 05:50 PM

Hi- I just signed on....
I need a plastic part that has the trackpad assembly for my iBook clamshell blueberry. Do you still have one that works, and how much do you want?
thanks.
Rick Lundquist

Gametes  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2003, 08:52 PM

Sorry, I've already sold that part.
Welcome to the forums!

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2003, 01:39 AM

CD-ROM drive? I accidently dropped my iBook and the drive just refused to stay close.. need to use plastic tape.

pizzaMR2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2003, 05:08 PM

Do you still got the ibook airport card?

I could use that...

It's probalby the 802.11b card right?

If it's that and if it fits the ibook 800Mhz snow..then i'll take it
pls email me eh

[email protected]

mollusk
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 5, 2003, 10:03 AM

Anyone have the rubber bottom piece to a clamshell ibookSe graphite. Why did it stretch out and start coming off? Heat? Thanks for any info.
( Last edited by mollusk; Oct 5, 2003 at 03:12 PM. )

Centris650
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 5, 2003, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by mollusk:
Anyone have the rubber bottom piece to an clamshell ibookSe graphite. Why did it stretch out and start coming off? Heat? Thanks for any info.
You've got that problem too? Mine just started doing that in the past couple of weeks.
><> 1 Peter 3:15-16

Gametes  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2003, 05:08 PM

Ok, so I�m in the peace corps now, and internet is scarce. Until I checked this email I didn�t realize how many people I had been letting down. Any way, sorry all who wanted keys but I�m remote, y no puedo aprovechar del correo para compartir mios recursos. Entonces, voy a despegar este mensaje and I�ll drop in from time to time to see what�s up.

Enjoy life!

Forum Links
Forum Rules