Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > cli apps lost in 6c115

cli apps lost in 6c115
tomfrit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2002, 05:20 AM

hi, i just installed 10.2 (6c115) out of curiousity and now mysql and ncftp won't work anymore. all i see is

mysql: Command not found.

can anyone explain how i can fix this? the apps itself are still there but somehow the terminal won't find them. i would also like to know how to make aliases of certain cli commands, so i can get my beloved "ll" back instead of typing "ls -l" all the time.

thanks! thomas

tomfrit  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2002, 07:47 AM

okay, now i got ncftp back and the terminal recognizes mysql again (thanks to /private/etc/csh.login). but all mysql does is say this:

./bin/mysql undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
./bin/mysql undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
./bin/mysql undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Trace/BPT trap

does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

also i found the usr/share/tcsh/examples/aliases file which defines 'll' and other fine things, but terminal doesn't seem to care.

sorry if this is all explained in kristoff's tcsh config thread, but i'm not too good in unix and don't really get the instructions...

thanks, thomas

dark3lf
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2002, 12:15 PM

To "fix" things, all that is required is a recompile. Apple split certian libs thus breaking some apps that were built pre-10.2. Ncftp works just fine, and BitchX compiles without modification or additional libs.

legionare
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2002, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by dark3lf:
To "fix" things, all that is required is a recompile. Apple split certian libs thus breaking some apps that were built pre-10.2. Ncftp works just fine, and BitchX compiles without modification or additional libs.
I got five dylib errors while trying to use "bookmarks" in NcFtp 3.1.4. Is there a fix?

dark3lf
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2002, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by legionare:

I got five dylib errors while trying to use "bookmarks" in NcFtp 3.1.4. Is there a fix?
This is only for use with 10.2 and later builds. Put the contents of this archive into your /usr/local/bin directory and then 'reshash'.

http://homepage.mac.com/dark3lf/.cv/...14.tgz-link.gz

legionare
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2002, 09:45 PM

Sw33t!

Forum Links
Forum Rules