Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Unplugging power after fully charged

Unplugging power after fully charged
pb_soon
Nov 4, 2003, 07:04 AM

On 15" 1.25 with Panther, I've noticed on a couple of occassions when the battery is fully charged and I unplug or turn off the power, the battery indicator will show "Calculating ..." but then the pop-up will appear saying that I'm on "reserve battery" and the battery indicator shows less than 10 minutes remaining. What I did notice is that when this happens I just open the "Energy Save" dialog and the battery reports the proper time remaining. Is this a bug in Panther? Has anyone else noticed this? No biggie but just curious

aktive
Nov 4, 2003, 08:28 AM

Sounds like a bug to me, the fact that it goes away when you open energy saver is a big give away to me. I wouldn't lose to much sleep over it, and just wait for the first update to Panther where I am sure that that and a few other bugs will be fixed.

Laters...
"...because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do."

ThaShef
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 4, 2003, 03:26 PM

I have gotten the same exact message many time already after upgrading to Panther. I have also noticed that the battery time reported by Panther is less than Jaguar.

Isn't Panther suppose to increase your battery life??

pb_soon  (op)
Nov 4, 2003, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by ThaShef:
I have gotten the same exact message many time already after upgrading to Panther. I have also noticed that the battery time reported by Panther is less than Jaguar.

Isn't Panther suppose to increase your battery life??
Hmmm, I can't say the same regarding battery indicator. I'm pretty sure the indicator is providing me with fairly accurate (and higher) time remaining since upgrading to Panther.

Forum Links
Forum Rules