Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook Ship Dates

PowerBook Ship Dates (Page 3)
Such87
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2005, 03:05 PM

I think my pb is on vacation. FedEx took it to Subic Bay, in Freeport Phillipines.

Why?

It's still scheduled to arrive wednesday. This will be one well-traveled machine by the time it gets to NY.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2005, 03:41 PM

Fedex has a Phillipines hub. Your Powerbook will soon be on its way to the US (if that's where you live).

Chris

Adham
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2005, 04:14 PM

Ordered a 12" 768MB, 100GB on 2/3 - my original ship date was 2/18, but has since been brought back to 2/15. Hopefully they can squeeze a few more days out of the schedule and get it into my hands even sooner!
12" PB 768MB 80GB AE SD

pearle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2005, 10:58 PM

My 17" PB is currently in Boston so I should definitely get it tomorrow. It shipped on the 3rd.

jamiep
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2005, 11:40 PM

The 17" stock book that I ordered on the 31st at 11am STILL has yet to ship. It says on or before Feb 7... They sure are waiting 'til the last minute to ship this badboy out...

-jamie

you_are_right
Feb 6, 2005, 11:42 PM

Just asked in HKG for the availability of the 17" PB. They said, that the motherboard is currently under redesign, because of a problem with the ports... Anbody heard something about it ? They have no actual delivery date as of now, but they think, that the revised version should be out at the end of february.

The new 12" and 15" are in stock.

pearle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2005, 11:50 PM

Originally posted by you_are_right:
Just asked in HKG for the availability of the 17" PB. They said, that the motherboard is currently under redesign, because of a problem with the ports...
I seriously hope this isn't true.

you_are_right
Feb 7, 2005, 12:02 AM

Originally posted by pearle:
I seriously hope this isn't true.
honestly i do not know...but the shop i was asking is an authorized apple partner, so I think they should be a reliable source...we can only wait and see...however I will wait till March now...in case it is true, apple should provide a list with serial numbers for the defective ones already shipped.

Magicite  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2005, 12:19 AM

4:46 pm
Left FedEx Sort Facility�_
ANCHORAGE AK

Supposed to get here on Wednesday, though I feel it'll get here by Tuesday now. Hooray!
Goats and Monkeys!
magicite.org

pearle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 12:22 AM

honestly i do not know...but the shop i was asking is an authorized apple partner, so I think they should be a reliable source...we can only wait and see...however I will wait till March now...in case it is true, apple should provide a list with serial numbers for the defective ones already shipped.
Any idea what ports are supposedly affected?

you_are_right
Feb 7, 2005, 12:48 AM

Any idea what ports are supposedly affected?
they have not been very specific...could be something related with the optical audio out, since the 17" is the only PB employing it and it is new in the PBs (just a wild guess of mine)...however we should wait for further information. In case this problem does really exist, we will hear more of it soon...on the other hand, if the deliveries for the 17" have recently been pushed back, it could be true...

pearle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 08:33 AM

In case this problem does really exist, we will hear more of it soon...on the other hand, if the deliveries for the 17" have recently been pushed back, it could be true...
I'll be receiving my new PB this morning. Hopefully I'll catch any problems with the ports sooner, rather than later.

ChrisF
Senior User
Feb 7, 2005, 11:00 AM

An Apple reseller would have received no word from Apple about such a problem in advance.

groovn72
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 11:08 AM

Mine is 'out for delivery' .... this waiting is killing me, lol.

Barry

mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 7, 2005, 11:14 AM

Shipped out from Shanghai on the 4th. Looks like it missed original shipping. Now, my baby's freezing its arse off in Anchorage and needs to make the cross-continent trip to get to me by the expected 2/9 date.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

gyc
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 7, 2005, 11:29 AM

Hey mine also shipped from Shanghai on the 4th for an estimated delivery date of the 9th but it still says it's in transit from the Philippines.

you_are_right
Feb 7, 2005, 12:03 PM

Originally posted by ChrisF:
An Apple reseller would have received no word from Apple about such a problem in advance.
Maybe he was misinformed, maybe he wanted me to take a 15" or 12", because he has no 17" left, maybe it is true....i do not know...however the indicated delivery times in the apple online stores do not suggest any problem of this nature...I hope this is the case, then I could get mine within a few days and it is less trouble for everybody.

pearle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 12:16 PM

My powerbook just arrived Tis a beauty!

groovn72
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 12:33 PM

My powerbook just arrived Tis a beauty!
Hey - if it's a 12" did it come with a mini to dvi cable? They told me at the store that it would but I think I got bad information based on what the website says. I'd like to be able to hook mine up to a 20" ACD without having to run out to one of the Apple stores today.

Barry

groovn72
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by groovn72:
Hey - if it's a 12" did it come with a mini to dvi cable? They told me at the store that it would but I think I got bad information based on what the website says. I'd like to be able to hook mine up to a 20" ACD without having to run out to one of the Apple stores today.

Barry
It does. Just got it!

Barry

LameLefty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 01:20 PM

Mine's in Paranaque, Phillipines listed as "in transit" for about 24 hours now. Still scheduled for delivery Wednesday, though. I suspect it's actually in a FedEx warehouse stateside and hasn't been scanned yet.

gizzard
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 7, 2005, 01:38 PM

My PB just arrived at the hub in Memphis, TN. It should be in my hands on Wednesday morning.

Magicite  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2005, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by gizzard:
My PB just arrived at the hub in Memphis, TN. It should be in my hands on Wednesday morning.
Actually, it could very well be at your doorstep tomorrow sometime. At least, that's what I'm hoping for (mine's sitting in Memphis right now too).
Goats and Monkeys!
magicite.org

JCT
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2005, 06:24 PM

And mine finally left Alaska today and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow....sounds like the logjam is loosening up.

JT
Quad 2.5 Ghz G5 7GB RAM + 7800GT
15" MBP 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB 7200 RPM HDD
G4 DA 1.2 Ghz 1.5 GB RAM + 4 HDD (fileserver)
G4 Cube 800MHz , Radeon 7000, 1.5 GB RAM
<not bad for a relatively new switcher...>

porieux
Baninated
Feb 7, 2005, 07:37 PM

Mine went from Anchorage to Memphis...but I'm in Cali

gizzard
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 7, 2005, 07:56 PM

Originally posted by porieux:
That's because most FedEx packages go through FedEx's central hub, which is in Memphis, TN. I'm in CA too, by the way.

Magicite  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2005, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by porieux:
FedEx has a hub in Memphis. While it may seem inefficient, having a central location is quite cost-effective and tends to get people their packages quicker.
Goats and Monkeys!
magicite.org

johnt519
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2005, 08:44 PM

I feel so left out.. Still waiting for mine to be put together. Order is still "Open".. I can't wait 10 more days until it ships!

jzdziarski
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2005, 09:31 PM

waiting for powerbook #2 now; first one got here from china, and was DOA. I'm at the top of the list, and their estimated ship time is still 7-10 days.

LameLefty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 09:56 PM

Mine "Left FedEx sort facility" in Anchorage at 2:33 p.m. today so I suppose it'll be in Memphis within another couple hours. I'm supposed to receive it before 10:30 a.m. Wednesday so it'll make it with time to spare, in all likelihood.

U n i o n 0015
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2005, 09:59 PM

Has anybody gotten their 12" yet?

I ordered a 12" 1.5Ghz, SuperDrive, 768MB of RAM on 2/1. Unfortunately, I ordered it through my boss and he didn't tell what day it is expected to be in. So I'm just wondering when I'm getting mine based on when you guys are getting yours.

awdboxer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 10:52 PM

I got my 12incher this afternoon and can't put it down I ordered it on 1/31.

kmingis
Feb 8, 2005, 01:18 AM

My new Powerbook 17 (1.67) arrived on schedule today, and it was worth the week it took to get here. This is the new 1.67GHz Lapzilla, which was ordered about 10:40 a.m. last Monday, shipped from China on Feb. 3 (with the two-day shipping option), arrived in Alaska the next day, headed for the FedEx hub in Indianapolis on the 5th, into Boston yesterday and to my waiting arms this morning in Framingham, Mass. A couple of real quick observations: The backlit keyboard is indeed improved. Majorly so! Apple wasn't kidding when they said it was up to 10 times brighter. So if you've turned off the backlit keys on the older models because they offered up just enough light to wash out the keys, well, let's just say THAT problem is fixed. And as a user of SideTrack, I have to admit I'm very pleased with Apple's implementation of the two-finger scrolling. It's elegantly simple and works as billed.
This looks to be a VERY solid update for the top-end Powerbook. Maybe not enough to tempt you if you have a Rev. C, or maybe even a Rev. B. But if you have the first-gen PB17, or have been waiting to buy your first one, you'll be pleased with the upgrade. No time yet to do any kind of speed tests, but it's speedy enough for the next 6 to 9 months at least.
The Amazing Powerbook 17 (Rev. D 1.67)

jamiep
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2005, 01:29 AM

Well, my 17 incher (ordered the morning of the 31st.) was scheduled to ship On or before Feb 7.

Feb 7th has come and gone and the status hasn't changed, order hasn't shipped, apple hasn't contacted me.

Any ideas anyone? Anybody in the same boat as me?

kmingis
Feb 8, 2005, 01:41 AM

Jamie, check on your Powerbook status in the A.M. I'm pretty sure because of the time difference, mine didn't ship from China until late in the day it was supposed to go out: on Feb. 3, which was my "on or before" day. So perhaps you'll get a notice by tomorrow morning. Good luck. It'll be worth the wait.
The Amazing Powerbook 17 (Rev. D 1.67)

gizzard
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 8, 2005, 03:18 AM

Originally posted by Magicite:
Actually, it could very well be at your doorstep tomorrow sometime. At least, that's what I'm hoping for (mine's sitting in Memphis right now too).
Heh, my PB sat in Memphis all day. I'm mentally prepared to jump for joy on Wednesday. =)

jamiep
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2005, 07:53 AM

Originally posted by jamiep:
Well, my 17 incher (ordered the morning of the 31st.) was scheduled to ship On or before Feb 7.

Feb 7th has come and gone and the status hasn't changed, order hasn't shipped, apple hasn't contacted me.

Any ideas anyone? Anybody in the same boat as me?

NOPE! What a load of BS. Got an email this morning -- pushed back to the 17th now...

frankd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2005, 08:50 AM

Got the email too... my 15 inches (ordered on the 31st) should now ship on or before the 14.
The order status page has not changed yet, still says on or before 7/2.

I think this is my first and last time I buy something from the online store!

mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2005, 09:52 AM

Getting antsy. Truck was hallin' ass across the canadian frozen tundra. Shows on the truck for delivery. Can't wait to get to work now.

Anchorage to Jersey in a day and a half. Thumbs up to FedEx for a day early. Here's to hoping it's true.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

jzdziarski
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2005, 11:17 AM

Nice. They ordered my replacement (for my DOA) yesterday and shipping was transmitted last night at 10pm. Good to know they're giving priority to people with DOAs.

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2005, 12:09 PM

Nice... Apple only transmitted the 2nd address line, so now FedEx didn't know where to deliver it. Hopefully they'll get to retry later tonight.

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2005, 12:12 PM

Heh, my PB sat in Memphis all day. I'm mentally prepared to jump for joy on Wednesday. =)
According to my tracking, it left Memphis at 4:26am and made it into Dallas at 4:33am. Now that is a quick trip!

(Not as good as the overseas shipping... it left at 11pm and got in at 4pm the SAME DAY. Leave it to the International Dateline to take a day out of transit times.

Magicite  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2005, 12:50 PM

Mine did too, and it just arrived! I have to go pick it up now (it's sitting at my college's main post office).
Goats and Monkeys!
magicite.org

LameLefty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2005, 12:54 PM

Mine's now cleared customs in Indianapolis and listed as "In Transit" again - I'm surprised it didn't go through Memphis, but both cities are just about the same distance from me. I suspect it'll be in Nashville tonight and out for delivery first thing tomorrow morning. In a bit of ironic teasing, my new Brenthaven FusionFlex bag, which I ordered from the Apple Store late Thursday, just arrived, a day before the new PowerBook, which I ordered pretty early last Monday morning.

jaknudsen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2005, 03:22 PM

Got a mail from Apple an hour ago:

"We regret to inform you that we must revise the ship date once again, as demand for the product remains beyond our expectations. We now expect to ship your order by February 15th, 2005."

WUNHjazz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2005, 04:28 PM

the new 12" has arrived! it is getting a fresh install of OSX as I type. two things... mine came with 2 discs, the OSX install disk (10.3.7) and also an OS9 install disk. What gives? A random useless extra or was I supposed to get a different second disc (like iLife'05). And, maybe it's just me because I have been missing my old 12" for a while now, but does the screen bezel seem a bit wider?

edit: i get it now... it's classic, not OS9, on the separate disc.
( Last edited by WUNHjazz; Feb 8, 2005 at 04:38 PM. )
12" . 1.5 GHz . 100 GB . 512 MB . SD
20 GB 4G iPod

Jens Peter
Senior User
Feb 8, 2005, 06:05 PM

I hope this is not too much off topic....

I have ordered a 12", and on the Apple tracking page is says "Shipment Picked Up, (CNSHA02), 08 Feb 2005 05:02".

I also have another number, wich I tried to use on the Apecode webpage, but all that page tells me, is "Error: Delivery Note " 8018xxxxxx" is unknown! (0104)"

Is that because it's too early to track it, or ?

And do you recieve a email from Apple telling you the delevery date?

Maybe I'm just expecting too much.... But I almost can't wait

TurboMac
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2005, 06:19 PM

Hello all! I just got my Powerbook (15 in. / 1.67 / 128 vram / super) and it's a day early!!! This thing is awesome!!! I have been a lurker for sometime now, as I was embarassed to say I have had an imac 400 since 2000.

I hope everyone else is as pleased as I am and I hope you get your CPU's soon!
PowerBook 1.67 - www.qimcoinc.com

Fiete5401
Feb 8, 2005, 08:32 PM

That's the history of my 17"-PB so far (taken from http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/).
Does anbody know what EDC could be?
I live in Germany and have no clue what this can be.

08 feb 05 - 40 60 - Arrived at EDC - Apple Shanghai - ETA 09 feb 05

04 feb 05 - 32 55 - flight departed - Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai

04 feb 05 - 00 05 - Data received from supplier - Apple Shanghai

04 feb 05 - 30 60 - departed from product source - Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai

04 feb 05 - 05 00 - boxes scanned - Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai

BTW There are sittin' 2 GB RAM on my desk waiting to find a warm housing. Hurry up Apple!
( Last edited by Fiete5401; Feb 8, 2005 at 08:38 PM. )
My real life started at the age of 15: LC III - PowerMac 6100/66 - PowerMac B&W 350 - PowerMac G4 Cube 500 - PowerBook 12" 867 -- PowerBook 17"/1.67 GHz/2 GB RAM.

iBabo
Senior User
Feb 8, 2005, 09:03 PM

ordered my 12" with combo drive on friday 2/4 using my new apple employee discount (W00t!)

UPS is lagging it big time. its been stuck in anchorage all day... the suspense is killing me. my ibook g3/600 is long overdue for an upgrade. its supposed to come by the 10th...
smile like you mean it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules