Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Stone Design/Create Question

Stone Design/Create Question
darth-vader000
Forum Regular
Jun 23, 2006, 08:30 PM

Thanks to Eug's thread about animated gifs, someone recommend a Stone Design's product.

After checking them out, some of there applications look pretty interesting. Any users of Create here at macnn.

I was putting together an invitation a while ago and create would have worked perfectly. I tried using pages and word and while word did the trick, it seems create could hav done it with less work.

Also if anyone has any thoughts on Pstill as opposed to adobe distiller I'd like to know - which one produces a better product

Thanks in advance

darth-vader000  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 26, 2006, 05:51 AM

Bump - anyone?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 09:29 AM

Apparently Stone is doing pretty well, so that's good for him, but I honestly don't know why anyone would buy Create. It's expensive enough (or was last I checked) that it's more economical just to buy the Creative Suite with InDesign if you really care about design. And if you don't care that much, it's too expensive for you. I think that's the reason nobody's answering.

EDIT: This isn't to say you shouldn't use them. Just that I think most of the people here who are concerned about the topic already use Creative Suite instead.
( Last edited by Chuckit; Jun 26, 2006 at 12:15 PM. )
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jun 26, 2006, 11:18 AM

I dunno, I wouldn't trust creative software that had a dodgy-looking
website like that.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Krypton
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2006, 12:50 PM

I am a Stone user, and have contributed to parts of the apps (in terms of icons, artwork etc).

The Stone apps do well for value for money, and Andrew (Stone) is usually very responsive if you have any questions, bugs, feature requests.

For any further info I'd go to the forums on www.stone.com.

darth-vader000  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 27, 2006, 06:41 PM

Thanks for posts,

and krypton thanks for the input. I think Indesign is over kill for my very simple needs and the price doesn't seem too expensive too me (not that I have a ton of money).

I was able to bang out the invitation in Create in about 10 minutes, (and it took about a 1/2 hour in word). While the interface seems a tad simplistic, I was impressed at how easy it was.

The lack of responses here does seem to lead me to that conclusion that most people use InDesign. I'm going to compare the two and see how they both stack up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules