Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Outlook missing lines of text in printout

Outlook missing lines of text in printout
carpathr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 23, 2002, 09:20 AM

Several of my users have encountered problems with printing emails from Outlook . While all of the text is displayed properly on the screen, when it is printed either entire lines of text are missing or the ends of the text is cut off.

I have tried going into Outlook preferences and changing the fonts from their defaults to things like Arial, Times, or Geneva, etc. Nothing works. It doesn't happen on every email, it's very sporadic. I have checked the users' ATM for damaged fonts and have cleaned those up as well. Any ideas for what is going wrong?

The users are on Mac OS 9.1 using Microsoft Outlook 2001. The printers they are sending the emails to are Canon 1120 (Z60 color server), Canon ImageRunner 300s, or HP LaserJet 5000.

pdjr
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 23, 2002, 10:17 AM

Have you changed the line wrap?

carpathr  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 23, 2002, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by pdjr:
<STRONG>Have you changed the line wrap?</STRONG>
How do I go about changing that or verifying what it should be? I'm not familiar with that option in Outlook 2001? Thanks.

pdjr
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 23, 2002, 11:42 AM

My bad. PC only. I work in a mixed environment so I get foggy at times. What about service packs/updates on the server? Every once in a while we get odd problems like the one you described. I've found that updating the server sometimes helps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules