Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > For Trade: Full Office v.X Academic Version for????

For Trade: Full Office v.X Academic Version for????
lisantica
Forum Regular
May 14, 2003, 10:48 PM

I'm open to offers of software or Mac stuff....old iPod, 5 gigger, or Tom Bihn, or Waterfield Bag.....Let's Trade!

MrNo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2003, 12:17 PM

I don't want to ruin your trade, but under the license agreement you cannot transfer Office suite to another user and why would someone want to give you a 200$ iPod for something you paid 10$ for ...

AssassyN
Professional Poster
May 15, 2003, 12:23 PM

If it's the actual retail box with retail CD's, it's perfectly legal to sell or trade it, so long as it's removed from his system.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

MrNo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2003, 01:21 PM

Well as far as I know, if you buy and academic license you cannot transfer it to another person. At least that's how it works on my university. They just sell you a CD with the key for 10$, and a license.

lisantica  (op)
Forum Regular
May 15, 2003, 03:08 PM

Say, I don't want to do something illegal. This is an academic version that I received as a bundle with a PowerBook 12" that I bought.
Please disregard my trade. I wasn't aware of this.

buddhabelly
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2003, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by MrNo:
Well as far as I know, if you buy and academic license you cannot transfer it to another person. At least that's how it works on my university. They just sell you a CD with the key for 10$, and a license.
That's if your campus has an agreement with Microsoft. There is still an academic retail version that you can buy, although I'm not sure how it comes bundled with a new computer purchase. Probably depends on if you buy it through your campus or direct from Apple.

Anyways, just check the license agreement. It should tell you what you can and can't do with your software.

Forum Links
Forum Rules