Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Classic mode

Classic mode
Bill Kinkle
Forum Regular
Nov 18, 2003, 01:34 PM

Is Classic mode picky about what applications it will work with? I just bought a PB 800 and OSX was already installed on it. I use FCP 2 and I wanted to install it on there. It installed but when I try to launch the App I get a "this application os not supported by the control panel" message. Also, whenever I try to restart in OS 9 by changing the startup disk I get halfway through the startup and get a bomb with the "a system error has occurred, code 11, please restart with the extensions off" I have tried to restart with no extensions and get the same message. I have reinstalled OS9 multiple times and I get the same results. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Quad G5 1.5 gig 12 inch PB Lots of other stuff.

http://www.billkinkle.com

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Nov 18, 2003, 04:57 PM

Final Cut Pro isn't supposed to be supported in OS X, although I've run it a few times. You likely can't work with your camera at all with the program, but the editing I've done with went fine.
When you reinstalled OS 9, did you create a new System folder? It should boot fine if you do this.

Forum Links
Forum Rules