Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > can men and women be just friends?

can men and women be just friends? (Page 2)
Sherwin
Professional Poster
Oct 3, 2003, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by ckohler:
The amount of generalzation being displayed here is rediculous. Do some of you honestly believe that you can predict the actions of complete strangers based on some "general rule of thumb"... especially in such a complicated matter as personal attraction?

"Personal" is the key word, here folks. You know, it means the same thing as individuality, something everyone has.
Strip the outside layers off and we're all the same. Individuality doesn't exist beyond those outside layers. Learn that and you're halfway there.
If it doesn't scare hippies, it's not worth listening to

itomato
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2003, 05:09 PM

...Hint? Go research "Sheriff Buck", think how you acted when you were seven years old in the public playground with strange other kids and add subtlety. [/B]
"I was durned skeptical at first, but them folks in Washington told me that this .NET 'enables an unprecedented level of software integration through the use of XML Web services: small, discrete, building-block applications that connect to each other--as well as to other, larger applications--via the Internet.' Well, I said to my deputy, if that ain't gonna save little Erwin, nothing will."
So sayeth the only Sheriff Buck I can find.
-- | T () /\/\ /.\ T () --

bushwhacker
Oct 3, 2003, 06:55 PM

Sure men and women can just be friends.

But wouldn't it be better if we were friends who had a lot of sex, too?

when you look this good, you don't have to know anything

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 3, 2003, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by ckohler:
The amount of generalzation being displayed here is rediculous. Do some of you honestly believe that you can predict the actions of complete strangers based on some "general rule of thumb"... especially in such a complicated matter as personal attraction?

"Personal" is the key word, here folks. You know, it means the same thing as individuality, something everyone has.
No, not really. Sex is VERY easy to get, and generally speaking, unless the woman is a complete "bull", or you're really ugly, you can have your way with anyone. There are some very simple, almost universal "triggers"... go check out other primate mating rituals and you'll see the key. Make eye contact, be assertive, don't show any weakness (even in jest), don't show interest in what she's saying, and dominate the conversation. Then, don't call them for at least 2 days after you've scored, this keeps up the aire of mystery around you. Back when I was much younger I used to exploit these triggers mercilously. A nasty person I was.

Of course, this isn't the way to make a lasting relationship, it's simply the way you score... also it makes you an asshole, but that's the price you pay.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Oct 3, 2003, 11:50 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
No, not really. Sex is VERY easy to get, and generally speaking, unless the woman is a complete "bull", or you're really ugly, you can have your way with anyone. There are some very simple, almost universal "triggers"... go check out other primate mating rituals and you'll see the key.

<** snip **>

Of course, this isn't the way to make a lasting relationship, it's simply the way you score... also it makes you an asshole, but that's the price you pay.
What MacNStein said... ...but there are also techniques with which you can get the girl and keep her - without the slightest bit of assholeness (is that a word?). It's just most guys don't work these out 'coz they're more interested in getting all they can.
If it doesn't scare hippies, it's not worth listening to

voyageur
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2003, 08:31 AM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
No, not really. Sex is VERY easy to get, and generally speaking, unless the woman is a complete "bull", or you're really ugly, you can have your way with anyone.
Especially if you're not picky about things like intelligence, character...

Forum Links
Forum Rules