Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Minecraft

Minecraft (Page 96)
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I've been exploring the map, looking for home, and thought that I'd head south of cyclops and west of spawn... only to find Jawbone's white marble lair.

Moving right along then...
Saw those pretty mountains, did ya?

andi*pandi
Sep 27, 2017, 02:44 PM

yup! Let's see if I find a hidden base south of Blaze, in the middle of the ocean.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 27, 2017, 02:57 PM

Community project: litter the map with fake bases to keep and I from settling

andi*pandi
Sep 27, 2017, 03:16 PM

I'll just move in, like a hermit crab

please to leave full barrels of supplies and a transport tube to spawn

cycl0pse
Senior User
Sep 27, 2017, 04:06 PM

I still have an empty volcano in the desert W of my location....

most of the area N of me is desert, then plains, then desert, then a BIG DEEP ocean. Rather boring, but if you wanted to go N then E to explore I have a rail line out that way.

I forget... does this mod have pirate ships? Could take one of those over and start your own Waterworld set...

andi*pandi
Sep 27, 2017, 04:18 PM

there are pirate ships, yes.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2017, 07:25 PM

I seriously doubt anyone ever finds my secret, distant sand safehouse.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by cycl0pse View Post
I forget... does this mod have pirate ships? Could take one of those over and start your own Waterworld set...
There's at least one on the trip betweek sek/dakar's and blaze's.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 28, 2017, 12:20 AM

fatty, you silly fool, i replaced the fake blocks in 3/4ths of the nuclear room. You should ave noticed from the tool tip on the left.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 28, 2017, 08:34 AM

I realized it when I ended up with two different item types in my inventory.

Just removing the rest noticeably improved FPS, I guess I’m on a mission to reduce painted blocks now....

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 28, 2017, 09:31 AM

I saw your one room is littered with them. Ouch. I'll help out where I can.

I do have to say it's killing be of satisfying to see you can replace some of the more valuable fake blocks with real ones because you now have the resources.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 28, 2017, 09:41 AM

Yeah my ender IO floor is all painted blocks, I’m glad they don’t work with the building wand because I would have really screwed myself.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 28, 2017, 10:06 AM

I replaced the T in Fat and am making more gold to finish if the other two letters

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 28, 2017, 02:35 PM

So now my second pick is too fast for around the house. I even downgraded the head to something slower and only added haste once. Ugh.

andi*pandi
Sep 28, 2017, 03:10 PM

My brass hammer is CLUMSY fer cryin out loud.

I sailed all around, and it was mostly birch biomes. Some cool volcano islands but they were torched up so I figure someone claimed em. I settled on a certain spot and have an idea for a build, if not a house.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2017, 12:58 AM

Man if we thought the walk to Jawbone's was bad, andi's is something else.

If temporarily added a junction to the viaduct at the bend to JB's, but I'm finding it's not playing well, and I'm having to right-click the long-range linking duct to every time to get it to recognize the exits.

Andi, your base has another added bonus: The waters are so deep around it I couldn't tunnel straight to you; I added a small viaduct link that goes through the water. It's quite scenic. Otherwise, you're still stuck walking or boating (likely faster, even with the aqua-duct and junction duct). FYI, so you don't have to sail around the island, there's a back entrance to my place up one of the inlets. Check the map screen to see it.

Lead and Nether Quartz are what are needed to create the hundreds of ducts we'll need to line the tunnels. I haven't done the math yet.

Fatty, I apologize, but I burnt through my ender eye stores padding some of my ingots and creating ducts and had to raid some of your stores. There's still 100+ but I must have literally used 10 stacks tonight. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I found out Mekanism ignores the sound muffler. What an aggravating mod.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2017, 10:13 AM

The mechanism machines take sound upgrades, 4 for complete silence. I made a blue blue red ender chest with nether quartz and lead. You can try to empty it.
( Last edited by BLAZE_MkIV; Sep 30, 2017 at 11:51 AM. )

andi*pandi
Sep 30, 2017, 10:15 AM

On the upside, I could be far enough away that a nether portal wouldn't link to someone elses?

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2017, 11:53 AM

I'd have to measure but i don't think so. If you go through the nether portal at Sek's there's a tunnel above that I extended it to your base.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2017, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZE_MkIV View Post
The mechanism machines take sound upgrades, 4 for complete silence.
I'll look into that.

Originally Posted by BLAZE_MkIV View Post
I made a blue blue red ender chest with nether quartz and lead. You can try to empty it.
That was a quest for andi, since she wanted to help. I don't need either.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2017, 09:22 PM

Server is definitely acting up today. Timing me out, being sluggish.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2017, 10:43 PM

Blaze, why would you ruin a neat underwater tube and put stone there?

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 2, 2017, 02:56 PM

So I've noticed that as we've expanded our territory the server is eating more and more memory. I think (read as: educated guess) part of the problem is that mobs are not de-spawning aggressively enough as we move through various territories. Over the weekend I ran a set of commands to kill all hostile mobs and it seemed to help. I know we have grinders and such, but would anyone care if I add routine mob killing to the server scripts? Say, twice a day or so? I will not be affecting 'friendly' mobs, just Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Pigmen, and Blazes to start.

Also, I'm going to look and see if server settings can be modified to more aggressively depopulate the mobs.

-cy

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 2, 2017, 04:16 PM

I don’t think culling mobs in regular intervals would be an issue for anyone, unless somebody has a pet zombie they’re fond of.

andi*pandi
Oct 2, 2017, 04:29 PM

Goodbye, fred.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 2, 2017, 04:31 PM

Not an issue here. Should be hilariously surprising if it happens while farming.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 2, 2017, 04:33 PM

BTW, I'm to blame for some of that exploration as I was hunting down an ended portal so I could grab some endstone en masse.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 2, 2017, 04:56 PM

it's not the massive exploration that does things in, it's the 'spread' we have going on. Larger areas, especially the underground 'rogue like dungeons', that aren't lit are spawning crazy amounts of mobs and not de-spawning rapidly.

Or perhaps it's from some random caveman who likes riding mine carts over long distances and keeps re-hitting long stretches of empty deserts.

Either way, I'm going to setup the automated mob culling later this week.

-cy

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2017, 05:50 PM

There's a rail line from my base to an end portal. And a tunnel in the nether to that same. And as of this weekend in the tower by the docks an rf tools teleport to the the end. I was testing to see if its any teleportation / dimensional travel that was causing client memory issues.

andi*pandi
Oct 5, 2017, 10:24 AM

I am away this weekend but look forward to checking out the rail lines next week.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 5, 2017, 02:23 PM

I'm slowly upgrading rail lines from normal to high speed lines. good, as it reduces transit time, bad because crashes do damage both to players and the environment. The worst crash is definitely a head-on between two mine carts. do we want to try to implement a signal or alert system, or just trust us to ask 'anyone on the rail to Blaze's?' ?

Also, if anyone has a use for standard rails and boosters, I'm going to have quite a few laying around. Good for nether runs, short lines, or personal model railroad layouts...

-cy

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by cycl0pse View Post
do we want to try to implement a signal or alert system, or just trust us to ask 'anyone on the rail to Blaze's?' ?
I think just declaring, "I'm on the rail," followed by, "I'm off the rail," should suffice.

Also, if anyone has a use for standard rails and boosters, I'm going to have quite a few laying around. Good for nether runs, short lines, or personal model railroad layouts...

-cy
If no one else claims them, I'd like them. I have some rail plans.

If someone else wants them too, we can split.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 9, 2017, 09:07 AM

I'll setup a chest in the spawn house with the extra rail in it sometime this week. I got distracted by Immersive Engineering toys over the weekend.

Speaking of which, I was able to test an excavator out in the deep dark. Works well. Of course, it was just a test run using some capacitors to spin it up. Drained them annoyingly quick. So now for a more intense, and hopefully portable, power supply. I have a few thoughts on my own but wanted to see if anyone has a suggestion short of the massive diesel engine option. I don't have the biofuel infrastructure for that. Anyone know how well other mod's power adapts to IE?

-cy

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 9, 2017, 09:36 AM

The thermoelectric generator is a great passive power source. With 2 sets of pyrotheum + cryotheum on either side it produces 62rf/t, not sure how much the miner uses but you can always make more than one setup. I have all the machine needed to make the liquids.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 9, 2017, 01:05 PM

It takes an obscene amount of juice to work at full power. 4096 rf/t That said, it does run below that amount. I was considering the Thermoelectric generator as an option with a decent setup of capacitors and such. Prefer passive power to one that requires a fuel source.

The nice thing about the excavator is it can make 'free ores' instead of strip-mining the area. I'm pretty sure other machines do similar and possibly to it cheaper or easier, but I'm having fun with IE stuff right now. It fits my 'caveman to renaissance man' vibe I've got going

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 9, 2017, 02:08 PM

Nether star generator. 4000 rf/t

andi*pandi
Oct 10, 2017, 08:55 AM

I would not be averse to some of that rail, depending on how much there is jawbone can have most of it. I just want a rail to speed up around my turf.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 10, 2017, 09:16 AM

heh. I have plenty coming. One more line to upgrade now that I have more gold for the rails. don't like the power consumption of the IE excavator but my gosh does it output the ore! (depending on the vein you find, that is)

Speaking of which, I setup a series of Thermoelectric Generators (total of 20) using water/lava connected to HV capacitors (total of 5) all feeding back to the excavator. Takes 20-25 minutes to charge everything up... and it runs for about 5 minutes at full power before sucking all those capacitors dry. So... methinks I need to either get serious about a fuel based generator OR I'm going to need a LOT more ThermoElectricics. Decisions, decisions....

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 10, 2017, 09:26 AM

You could also upgrade the fluids you're using on the thermostat electrics. Plutonium blocks are better than lava. Ice is better than water. Etc.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 12, 2017, 07:58 PM

FYI: I put a chest in the upstairs of spawn house with leftover track in it. Free to whoever. Still need to replace Blaze's line with H.S. track so more is coming.

And I upgraded lava to Plutonium and saw a bit of a power increase, but still WAAAAY below requirements. Looking into alternatives. but for now it's giving me a good amount of iron/gold.

-cy

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 12, 2017, 08:41 PM

Next time we're in at the same time I'll drop of the supercharged liquid we use. Won't solve your issues but will be about double the energy output of lava water

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 13, 2017, 12:54 PM

Come back, fat ass

andi*pandi
Oct 26, 2017, 08:13 PM

I spent far too long perfecting a waterfall as a test for a bigger project. Now not sure that I want to do that again... so much digging.

"You are now comfortable using the mattock."

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 27, 2017, 08:37 AM

andi, let me know if you want to experiment with a water wheel on your new waterfall. I have some spare parts laying around from a failed experiment before I started playing around with petroleum.

-cy

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2017, 11:17 AM

I’ve been doing a lot of real life Minecraft on my house, mostly of the paint variety. I also found an old Amazon gift card and decided to try out the new Doom. I’ll have to log on again soon, I’m sure Inwont even recognize Dakar’s base anymore.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 27, 2017, 11:46 AM

I declared martial law and took over your base. I made it a pasture for cows sheep and chickens since that was all it was good for

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2017, 06:47 PM

I declare Martian law.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2017, 06:53 PM

I declare Martian law.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2017, 07:55 PM

He declares Martian law.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 1, 2017, 05:38 PM

Weird question: What are some more energy intensive things I can do? (I want to test my energy infrastructure)

I know IEs digger is one, and various draconic evolution crafting is as well, but I'm not really interested in either.

I'm considering fighting the ender dragon, but I have a feeling I may get my ass kicked.

Forum Links
Forum Rules