Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro Trackpad Screws - Odd Request

MacBook Pro Trackpad Screws - Odd Request
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2013, 06:15 PM

So I was given this 09 MacBook Pro to recycle, but as it turns out, the machine boots. So I'm trying to use what scraps I have around (RAM, HD) to bring it back to life. The one thing I'm lacking are the super tiny screws to firmly attach it's track pad. Just the four black screws. Actually 3 cause I have one but whatevs. Does anyone have a dead MBP, and want to mail me those particular screws? You get at them by removing the battery. Then these are right under there. I can find a way to mail you the 44ยข, or whatever a stamp costs these days, I don't even know. Or hell you could tape the screws to a postcard and mail them to me for even less

SSharon
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2013, 12:06 AM

Have you tried asking for some screws at your local Apple store? Historically they have been good about things like this and used to replace missing keys on laptops before the chiclet style became popular.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 12, 2013, 12:08 AM

Hmm that never occurred to me. And it may have worked. But I ended up getting some on ebay for $3.25 and free shipping. Perhaps I could have gotten some for free at the apple store, but this way I don't even have to go into the mall. Win win.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2013, 12:22 AM

While $3.25 might seem like a lot for a few screws the reality is that it is probably cheaper than the gas to drive out of your way to an apple store. Glad you got them either way.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Forum Links
Forum Rules