Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Email hacked?

Email hacked?
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 29, 2015, 05:56 PM

Noticed some strange behavior today. So i have my iPhone (iOS 6) set up with 2 email accounts.

1. I receive an email notification from the first account and i dont bother attending to it.

2. Awhile later i receive another email notification for an email in the second account. I dont bother attending to it either (but i did see the notification on the screen).

After some time i turn on the home screen to see all notifications, and the second notification from "2" isnt listed anymore (the first one from "1" is still there). So i go into the mail app, and the email from "2" pops up as a new unread mail(as though it came in when i opened the app).

What's going on? Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2015, 09:37 AM

A bug, perhaps. I've had odd issues now and then with notifications not going away or not appearing at all. It's a machine.

I wouldn't worry too much, but if it makes you feel better, change all your email passwords.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2015, 10:17 AM

Cheers. I tried replicating the issue myself to no avail, so it sould possibly be just a bug.

Forum Links
Forum Rules