Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > 17" monitor recommendations?

17" monitor recommendations?
darjeeling99
Sep 7, 1999, 06:14 PM

Finally upgrading my system -- anyone have a recommendation for a 17" monitor? Thanks!

strepidus
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 1999, 11:44 AM

The Mitsubishi Diamondtrons and Sony Trinitrons are great if you have money to spare, the Ilyama 17" monitors have gotten the best reviews, and I suggest Viewsonic of optiquest if you're on a tight budget

amundson
Sep 18, 1999, 09:23 PM

I think Viewsonic monitors look nice out of the box, but tend to lose their sharpness fairly quickly. I have a Sony 17" (200ES) which is very nice, but now I am thinking a 19" would be even better. If money is a secondary concern, price out the 19" monitors too; I heard they have come down in price quite a bit.

Walter J. Ferstl
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 10, 1999, 02:40 PM

If you ever want to use two Macs (or a Mac and a PC) side by side, consider the Sony Multiscan 200PS which has two input sockets so you can keep it attached to two computers at the same time and switch between them simply by pressing a little button on the front panel of the monitor.

Besides, the 200PS is an aperture grille type (with Sony, it is called Trinitron) like all Sonys (and the Diamondtrons from Mitsubishi, most Apple displays, and others) which is clearly the leading CRT technology.

I simply like it.

Walter.

[This message has been edited by Walter J. Ferstl (edited 10-10-1999).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules