Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Update on a thursday??

Update on a thursday??
thebigbertuzzi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 14, 2003, 05:14 PM

The apple site just got a new update, is this normal? And does this mean I'll be getting my new 15" soon?

idyll
Senior User
Aug 14, 2003, 05:26 PM

Apple updates its site whenever it wants to. You probbably won't be getting your 15" soon, at least not until most PowerMac G5s are shipped.

AHDuke99
Aug 14, 2003, 08:04 PM

Tuesday the 19th has been a big target date for the new 15" PB's. If they don't show up in 5 days, then we all will be very surprised.

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2003, 11:51 PM

I seriously want a powerbook. I hope the upcoming upgrades give a performance boost.

CrazedVW
Forum Regular
Aug 15, 2003, 12:16 AM

And so have a bunch of other dates. WWDC, etc. If they DO show up in a couple days, I will
be very surprised.
Granted, I will be a bit disapointed. I just bought a 867 TiBook two weeks ago because I was tired of waiting. I'm really happy with it though. I guess thats what counts.

Originally posted by AHDuke99:
Tuesday the 19th has been a big target date for the new 15" PB's. If they don't show up in 5 days, then we all will be very surprised.
MacBook Pro: 13"/2.26Ghz/4GB/500GB/SuperDrive (Mine)
MacBook Pro: 13"/2.26Ghz/2GB/160GB/SuperDrive (Wife's)

beachmark
Forum Regular
Aug 15, 2003, 12:18 AM

Originally posted by DeathMan:
I seriously want a powerbook. I hope the upcoming upgrades give a performance boost.
If you want so much a new Powerbok what makes the real difference for you between buying one now an done hext week?

The Powerbook itself is great, maybe the speed is not good enough for you? Do a few mhz make so much difference for you want to do with it?
g.r.e.e.t.i.n.g.s
mark ®
hanging out in san francisco - wellington - cape town (or in between)
Powerbook 17 inch MacOS 10.4.3Eng • Palm E2 • Motorola Razr • iPod Flash 1Gb • iPod mini 2nd-4Gb

thebigbertuzzi  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2003, 02:03 AM

it's just that no one wants to be the sucker who bought the last powerbook for full price when 12 hours later the new, way better one was available for the same price. it's makin me crazy! If it doesn't come out in time for me to move to Japan next wednesday, what do you all think about the 12"? I'll want to play some games, do some protools, and some photoshop/ amateur vid stuff. Where would I notice the lack of ati card and the lack of L3 cache the most?

Simon
Posting Junkie
Aug 15, 2003, 03:55 AM

Originally posted by thebigbertuzzi:
If it doesn't come out in time for me to move to Japan next wednesday, what do you all think about the 12"? I'll want to play some games, do some protools, and some photoshop/ amateur vid stuff. Where would I notice the lack of ati card and the lack of L3 cache the most?
It's very likely that the 12" PowerBook will be updated together with the 15".

So if you don't want a 15" PowerBook because you're afraid of buying a soon to be outdated product the 12" would raise a similar problem I'm afraid.

Remain assured, you're not the only guy here that thinks he's going crazy over this PowerBook-wait. We feel the pain too.

macxtal
Aug 15, 2003, 08:24 AM

I'm ordering a 12" on Tuesday, regardless. I can't wait anymore, and it's starting to cost me money.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Aug 15, 2003, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by macxtal:
I'm ordering a 12" on Tuesday, regardless. I can't wait anymore, and it's starting to cost me money.
Then at least do it on Tuesday evening.

No, really. Everybody is talking about a possible Tuesday release.

Appleman
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2003, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by macxtal:
That's the best excuse to buy a PowerBook I've ever heard! Now just imagine you buy more than one...after a while you get them for free!

Forum Links
Forum Rules