Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > So, there is not an Apple Pro Mouse, actually.

So, there is not an Apple Pro Mouse, actually.
angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 16, 2004, 06:56 AM

The mouse comes with G5 is 'Mouse', the BT mouse is 'Wireless Mouse'. Is a real Pro Mouse coming from Apple?

The folks at Pixar need it.
Lot of people here, need it.
Last AppleWorks update add support to two button mices (not sure about the scroll thing)

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2004, 10:23 AM

There used to be an Apple Pro Mouse, which had adjustable click tension. But I don't see the problem with relying on third parties to provide multi-button mice that many people want.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Mar 16, 2004, 11:04 AM

Originally posted by angelmb:
The mouse comes with G5 is 'Mouse', the BT mouse is 'Wireless Mouse'. Is a real Pro Mouse coming from Apple?

The folks at Pixar need it.
Lot of people here, need it.
Last AppleWorks update add support to two button mices (not sure about the scroll thing)
Yes, multi-button mice with scroll-wheel function have been supported out of the box since 10.2, I believe.

dracoleb
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 16, 2004, 01:38 PM

Multi-button mice have been supported for quite some time. If you feel the need to have more than one button then by all means go out and buy a multi-button mouse. I recommend the Logitech MX700 or others in that series, I have the 700 an absolutely love the thing.
"To create a new standard takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and captures people's imaginations. Macintosh meets that standard"- Bill Gates

jcarr
Senior User
Mar 17, 2004, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by dracoleb:
Multi-button mice have been supported for quite some time. If you feel the need to have more than one button then by all means go out and buy a multi-button mouse. I recommend the Logitech MX700 or others in that series, I have the 700 an absolutely love the thing.
Two-button, scroll-wheel, optical mice start at $15-$20 or so. Even if Apple OEM's these mice, and put their logo on it, they'd have to sell them for $50 or more just to cover the clerical expense or selling them, or as a BTO option.

Why risk alenating a thrid-party vendor in the first place? Besides, would you really pay $50-$60 for a $15 Logitech mouse with an Apple logo on it? I thought not.
I'm cookoo for Cocoa Apps!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 17, 2004, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by jcarr:
would you really pay $50-$60 for a $15 Logitech mouse with an Apple logo on it? I thought not.
It wouldn't surprise me

Powaqqatsi
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2004, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by jcarr:
Why risk alenating a thrid-party vendor in the first place? Besides, would you really pay $50-$60 for a $15 Logitech mouse with an Apple logo on it? I thought not.
Yep, I would. A lot of people would.

Forum Links
Forum Rules