Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Is this worth getting angry?

Is this worth getting angry?
warfarer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2006, 04:49 PM

A week ago I ordered a brand new 17" C2D Probook and a brand new airport extreme router for my apartment. Well it was shipped by FedEX home and got it shipped to my office. Instead of delivering it to my office at one airport, they delivered it to another airport in another city to a different street address. A random guy signed for it and now it is locked in a warehouse in another city until Monday when I will be gone for a week. And maybe it will be there Monday.

Sorry but I needed to vent after spending about 4 hours on the phone with FedEX this morning but this is actually the most irritated I have been in about 10 years and I could literally attack the delivery guys who messed it up.
iStink (with my Mac)

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2006, 06:33 PM

That's terrible. I had a similar horrible experience years ago with UPS. From that point on, I never buy anything expensive that is delivered by a courier because they are just not reliable. I don't buy a computer I can't walk out a store with.

Sorry about your trouble, I hope you can get your computer soon. I know some UPS stores accept packages--even from other couriers like Fedex--and will keep them for you while you're away for a small fee.

warfarer  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2006, 06:44 PM

I have already told them that if they don't get into my office Monday morning by about 10 am, that I am reordering everything and having it overnighted at their expense. So they would have to pay about $3200 out of their pocket if they don't. Last time I talked to them they claimed that two of their delivery guys were getting fired over this and that they had lost a couple packages earlier in the week. Apparantly the guy who had it first passed it off because he didn't want to drive back to my office and gave it someone else who delivered it to the wrong city.

They guy asked me in between me screaming at him, "Why would they accept a package for someone they didn't know?" and my response was, "If someone handed you a package taht had Apple Computers stamped on the box and it was big enough to hold a computer in it, wouldn't you take it?". This guy was completely incompetent. I am normally a very easy going person, but this really sent me over the edge since I got about 4 different stories and the each was more bizarre as the one before.
iStink (with my Mac)

mduell
Posting Junkie
Dec 2, 2006, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by warfarer View Post
Apparantly the guy who had it first passed it off because he didn't want to drive back to my office and gave it someone else who delivered it to the wrong city.
I think I can see how this could have happened... the first guy told the second "this box is going to the airport."

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 3, 2006, 12:52 AM

That totally sucks. I ordered some books on Amazon.com awhile back, including whatever the latest Harry Potter installment was at the time. I put in a slightly incorrect address, and it went to someone else. They shipped back the other books I got and kept the Harry Potter. It took some time with Amazon, but I got another copy shipped to me...

If it never shows up, you should be able to prove that you never received it. FedEx should have a record of where it was delivered or at least which facility it was sent out for delivery from; with that you can prove to Apple you never got it and hopefully they can do something.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Blasphemy
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2006, 01:48 AM

Call Apple instead of the service when they (the delivery service) screws up your stuff. I've always had more success that way.

Years ago when the OS X beta was released, I bought a copy immediately and paid for fast delivery. UPS completely messed it up, shipped it to the other end of the country, where it sat in a warehouse for a week until they completely lost it. I called Apple and they overnighted me another copy. Something like six months later, UPS delivered the first copy. So I still have an OS X Beta still in shrink-wrap.

warfarer  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2006, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
That totally sucks. I ordered some books on Amazon.com awhile back, including whatever the latest Harry Potter installment was at the time. I put in a slightly incorrect address, and it went to someone else. They shipped back the other books I got and kept the Harry Potter. It took some time with Amazon, but I got another copy shipped to me...

If it never shows up, you should be able to prove that you never received it. FedEx should have a record of where it was delivered or at least which facility it was sent out for delivery from; with that you can prove to Apple you never got it and hopefully they can do something.
Part of my order was also a wireless mouse that I am trying out with my Powerbook G4 that I am having trouble with, but for some reason Apple shipped it seperate from the rest of the order. I received the mouse on Wednesday and was supposed to get the rest on Thursday and then it went downhill. I haven't talked to Apple yet since the delivery guy says he know where it is. If he can't get it out early Monday morning, I will be talking to Apple Monday afternoon.
iStink (with my Mac)

Forum Links
Forum Rules