Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > ram in 7500

ram in 7500
sproutsie
Apr 24, 2002, 12:28 PM

Hi- this is sort of a stupid question, but if I am adding ram to my 7500, does it matter which way the ram faces? It seems to go in fine no matter which direction I have it, but I am not sure because my monitor is broken, so I can't see if the ram is working or not.

thanks!
I began casting around desperately for some kind of weapon- maybe an Italian tank with one gun in front and three in the rear in case of retreat, or a huge bush-hog.
-H.S. Thompson

C.J. Moof
Mac Elite
Apr 24, 2002, 03:52 PM

Ummm... those DIMMS are slotted. They're not symmetrical- there's definitely a right and wrong way to put them in. You sure they're all the way in?
OS X: Where software installation doesn't require wizards with shields.

sproutsie  (op)
Apr 25, 2002, 12:33 PM

oh, embarrassing- yes, you are right. i put them in one way and they fit, and then i thought i had switched one around, but it was the old ram, which is why one side looked different from the other. oh, forget it. the more i explain, the dumber i feel.....

thanks!
I began casting around desperately for some kind of weapon- maybe an Italian tank with one gun in front and three in the rear in case of retreat, or a huge bush-hog.
-H.S. Thompson

<Jodar r>
Apr 25, 2002, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by sproutsie:
<STRONG>oh, embarrassing- yes, you are right. i put them in one way and they fit, and then i thought i had switched one around, but it was the old ram, which is why one side looked different from the other. oh, forget it. the more i explain, the dumber i feel.....

thanks!</STRONG>
I also have a 7500. They will only seat properly if you put them in the right way. Make sure you apply sufficient force to feel it catch into the slot. If they aren't seated properly, your system may not boot properly or have problems. Be careful that you don't apply to much pressure as that could cause a breakage into the clasps that hold it in, which is what I have done. Thankfully, the RAM can still be seated and function.

Forum Links
Forum Rules