Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Might sell iMac for PM Dual 867

Might sell iMac for PM Dual 867
ndtechie05
Jan 1, 2003, 09:34 PM

I want to sell my iMac g4 800mhz 15" superdrive to buy a dual 867mhz power mac. how much could i get for the imac? i got it when it first came out so its just bout a year old. im going to wait till mac world in a few days to see if any new powermac updates r giving n this supposedly color changing case

-Brett
iMac 24" 2.8ghz C2Extreme 2gb 320gb
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz C2D Stock
Dual 450mhz G4 - 120gb HDD - 384mb Ram
42" Samsung DLP HDTV

RealMac
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 2, 2003, 01:03 AM

If there is a speed bump, which we're almost assured there will be, you'd be better off selling your iMac before this occurs. Maybe putting it up for an auction that will end the same day of the keynote or something. I have multiple systems to fall back on incase my primary mac goes kaput. You may not be so fortunate however.

If you decide to put it up for sale on eBay, I strongly recomend using paypal, setting a reserve and a low starting bid price, getting paid before you ship anything out and putting up lots of pictures in an html gallery. People like to see what they're buying, especially from a private individual where they have less protection than from a company.

You'll probably have to put a few hundred bucks with your iMac sale in order to get the 867 configured the way you want it. Good luck!
It is in the moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
www.therealmac.net
MBA Graduate, Creative Thinker, Nice Guy

TimmyDee51
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2003, 02:41 AM

RealMac gave some good advice. I would advise selling before a speed bump, and Macworld is most likely going to bring that. From the PowerMac perspective, I would have to say go for it. I have a dual 867 and this thing is damn fast. I use a 700 MHz eMac at work sometimes and it just about crawls compared to this thing. Two really is better than one.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 2, 2003, 04:12 PM

Put the iMac up NOW if you're gona once the iMac are bumped you'll be able to buy those if you can at all any more for like 1200 or something so yeah... I'd say you can expect around 100ish maybe less.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2003, 04:24 PM

Originally posted by RealMac:
If there is a speed bump, which we're almost assured there will be, you'd be better off selling your iMac before this occurs. Maybe putting it up for an auction that will end the same day of the keynote or something. I have multiple systems to fall back on incase my primary mac goes kaput. You may not be so fortunate however.

If you decide to put it up for sale on eBay, I strongly recomend using paypal, setting a reserve and a low starting bid price, getting paid before you ship anything out and putting up lots of pictures in an html gallery. People like to see what they're buying, especially from a private individual where they have less protection than from a company.

You'll probably have to put a few hundred bucks with your iMac sale in order to get the 867 configured the way you want it. Good luck!
I don't think there will be speed updates at all. The updates will come at the end of January, like they did last year.

Forum Links
Forum Rules