Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Where are my minimize buttons in Safari!

Where are my minimize buttons in Safari!
ndtechie05
Jan 12, 2003, 11:19 AM

Suddenly by thre buttons in the top left hand corner of Safari disappeared! the exit, minimize and maximize buttons. Anyone else have this trouble and how is it fixiable?

-Brett
iMac 24" 2.8ghz C2Extreme 2gb 320gb
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz C2D Stock
Dual 450mhz G4 - 120gb HDD - 384mb Ram
42" Samsung DLP HDTV

BatmanPPC
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 12, 2003, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by ndtechie05:
Suddenly by thre buttons in the top left hand corner of Safari disappeared! the exit, minimize and maximize buttons. Anyone else have this trouble and how is it fixiable?

-Brett
You installed a theme didn't you?
--
Mohammad A. Haque
http://www.haque.net/
mhaque|haque.net

ndtechie05  (op)
Jan 12, 2003, 12:13 PM

how did you guess? lol i just uninstalled it but it still doesnt fix it. i think im gonna do a clean install of jag today

-Brett
iMac 24" 2.8ghz C2Extreme 2gb 320gb
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz C2D Stock
Dual 450mhz G4 - 120gb HDD - 384mb Ram
42" Samsung DLP HDTV

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 12, 2003, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by ndtechie05:
how did you guess? lol i just uninstalled it but it still doesnt fix it. i think im gonna do a clean install of jag today

-Brett
Because most themes aren't yet compatible with the new metal look of 10.2.3. The widgets breaking is one side effect. They are still there (meaning, you can click where they should be) but you won't be able to see them until you fix it. It will involve switching out a few files that I don't know off the top of my head. Sorry.

oski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2003, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by Xeo:
Because most themes aren't yet compatible with the new metal look of 10.2.3. The widgets breaking is one side effect. They are still there (meaning, you can click where they should be) but you won't be able to see them until you fix it. It will involve switching out a few files that I don't know off the top of my head. Sorry.
The most newest verion of AquaFix did the trick for me. http://gordon.sourcecod.com/sites/aquafix.php
oski

go bears!

Forum Links
Forum Rules