Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > TechTV broadcasting the keynote?

TechTV broadcasting the keynote?
dwishbone
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2003, 03:15 PM

Has anyone heard if TechTV will be broadcasting the MacWorld keynote this time? They didn't back in July. I don't really blame Apple for not allowing them to given the previous too coverages. Do i have to mention mr loud-erbach? **** the hell up. ive noticed he hasnt been on the network much sense.
cut aways to commercials i can deal with. i just would much rather watch the keynote on my TV than stream it on my computer.
24" iMac 2.13ghz C2D | 15" MBP 2ghz CD | "Soundwave" 60GB 5G iPod

piracy
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2003, 03:46 PM

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2003, 04:40 PM

Am I the only one that will be bringing in headphones to work? I have been doing it for years, and it never fails...

HamSandwich
Jan 6, 2003, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
Am I the only one that will be bringing in headphones to work? I have been doing it for years, and it never fails...
I am watching at home, TiBook connected to telivision and a good chunk of popcorn, yeah

steve

Scifience
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2003, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by SteveJobs:
I am watching at home, TiBook connected to telivision and a good chunk of popcorn, yeah

steve
No, you'll be there.

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2003, 05:35 PM

this is a blessing in disguise. If you happened to be under a rock last time the keynote was on TTV, it took at least 30 minutes to an hour longer due to inserted commercial breaks, the "commentary" from the "anchors" and "industry professionals", was complete B.S. and very anti-Apple biased.

Now, I myself and not allways thrilled with the announcements they make at MacWorld, but TTV ,as a "News" organization, should report the events unbiased. This will NEVER happen. A few folks on the ScreenSavers are pro-Mac, but damn near the rest of the channel is biased.

blah...i guess i'll try to get a good stream and hope like hell for an iPod with a 4" color screen, and built-in cell phone....

KidRed
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2003, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by codywalton:
this is a blessing in disguise. If you happened to be under a rock last time the keynote was on TTV, it took at least 30 minutes to an hour longer due to inserted commercial breaks, the "commentary" from the "anchors" and "industry professionals", was complete B.S. and very anti-Apple biased.

Now, I myself and not allways thrilled with the announcements they make at MacWorld, but TTV ,as a "News" organization, should report the events unbiased. This will NEVER happen. A few folks on the ScreenSavers are pro-Mac, but damn near the rest of the channel is biased.

blah...i guess i'll try to get a good stream and hope like hell for an iPod with a 4" color screen, and built-in cell phone....
Actually, it was last MWSF that TTV showed the pc colors. They made me more disapointed and more ashamed the way their anchors kept ridiculing that fact that nothing new was released and no major product updates or anything. I'm not glad, because i'd rather scream shut up at the TV and watch it in digital cable then a QT stream with all of you freaks hogging the bandwidth
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

gyc
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 6, 2003, 06:01 PM

UMich will have it on their TV channel

MrBS
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2003, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by gyc:
UMich will have it on their TV channel
UW will have it playing in the HUB through the magic of satellite for any huskies on dial-up.

~BS

Forum Links
Forum Rules