Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Are you satisfied with bush?

View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with George W. Bush's work?
Poll Options:
Yes 14 votes (28.57%)
No 24 votes (48.98%)
I don't live in the united states, but think he's good 1 votes (2.04%)
I don't live in the united states, but don't think he's good. 7 votes (14.29%)
Don't care/Won't say/why are you voting this?!!??!!?!?! 3 votes (6.12%)
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll
Are you satisfied with bush?
Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Jan 18, 2003, 05:42 PM

Is he satisfying you?
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2003, 05:43 PM

define 'satisify'
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

Zimphire
Baninated
Jan 18, 2003, 05:45 PM

Heh this is like taking a "What is better, OS X or XP" poll in this forum.

The objectism is about the same.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2003, 05:50 PM

I am completely satisfied, do wish he would be more forceful with the conservative agenda. Less government & lower taxes, getting the government out of our lives.

Mac Zealot  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 18, 2003, 05:52 PM

Well, take it with a little humor, as always, (it works well with some of my posts), but anyway, I'm curious as to who likes bush, who doesn't, maybe you are pleased with the way he's handling things, or think we would have been better with Al Gore, who knows

That's your choice. Be sure to vote your thought in my poll about apple too, as I am positive the answer there will be positive
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2003, 06:25 PM

I didn't vote for Bush or Gore.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Anomalous
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2003, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by Mac Zealot:
Well, take it with a little humor, as always, (it works well with some of my posts), but anyway, I'm curious as to who likes bush, who doesn't, maybe you are pleased with the way he's handling things, or think we would have been better with Al Gore, who knows

That's your choice. Be sure to vote your thought in my poll about apple too, as I am positive the answer there will be positive
Bush has helped destroy the economy. I have been unable to find a job for close to a year. We certainly would have been better with Al Gore.

gyc
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 18, 2003, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by Anomalous:
Bush has helped destroy the economy. I have been unable to find a job for close to a year. We certainly would have been better with Al Gore.
And your reasoning is...? The economy started slumping before 2000. What would Gore have done to stop the slide that he didn't do before 2000?

Zimphire
Baninated
Jan 18, 2003, 06:52 PM

ROFL!!!!

The Economy was spiraling downward before Bush was even in office. And unemployment was rising. But go ahead, blame Bush if it makes you feel better.

PB2K
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2003, 07:04 PM

Zimphire..

In a few months time, when TIME and CNN start broadcasting the bad news they are currently withholding, and present it as a n opportunity to do it better from then on, your mouth will tell that story by heart as well.

I hope macnn stores all your propaganda-influenced posts so we can have a good laugh about them later on. (Of course, you will have changed yor name by then, and explain the current propaganda of that day, just like TIME magazine always does)

Hilarious

Zimphire
Baninated
Jan 18, 2003, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by PB2K:
Zimphire..

In a few months time, when TIME and CNN start broadcasting the bad news they are currently withholding, and present it as a n opportunity to do it better from then on, your mouth will tell that story by heart as well.
What i stated above is true to fact I am afraid. Please show me where I was wrong. I will be waiting.

I hope macnn stores all your propaganda-influenced posts so we can have a good laugh about them later on. (Of course, you will have changed yor name by then, and explain the current propaganda of that day, just like TIME magazine always does)

Hilarious
Er how was my post in any way Propaganda? Typical of people like you, make accusations, with zero evidence to back it up.

What I posted above is factual.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2003, 07:11 PM

I think Bush missed an historic chance with his tax cut. The economy was still going strong and he wanted to give a tax cut as a way of giving back the people "their money" BUT the national debt is also the people's money and the interest we pay on it drains something like 10% of the budget. If we had paid that down a good chunk first. there would have been more money later on for tax cuts.

As for the economy. Four factors contributed to its slugishness: 1) The War 2) The attacks on New York 3) The tax cut 4) and the slowing economy. If any one of these things hadn't happened things probably would have been fine.

But I do think Bush is more obsessed with his war plans than the economy.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jan 18, 2003, 07:19 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Heh this is like taking a "What is better, OS X or XP" poll in this forum.

The objectism is about the same.
Uh, when conducting opinon polls, objectivity isn't what you want...

Atef's Carcase
Banned
Location: In Berlin, hangin' with the Lackey of Saddam, Gerhardt Schr�der.
Jan 18, 2003, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by MacGorilla:
If we had paid that down a good chunk first. there would have been more money later on for tax cuts.
Your premise is entirely wrong. Congress would have spent that money; nothing would have been left to pay down the debt.

Additionally, Reagan (a republican) and Kennedy (a democrat) have shown that tax DECREASES can INCREASE government revenue.

You need to take a look at the other thread--If I make $42500 per year, what do I take home--and you'll see that a middle-class professional is being broken by federal, state, and local taxes.

Atef's Carcase
Banned
Jan 18, 2003, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by PB2K:
Zimphire..

In a few months time, when TIME and CNN start broadcasting the bad news they are currently withholding,
what the hell is this crap? TIME and CNN aren't Bush-friendly. They'd run negative press the first chance they got. And if they didn't for some reason, then someone else would.

You're just making excuses, living in a fantasy world, hoping that the liberal establishment has something up its sleeve.

Mac Zealot  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 18, 2003, 07:25 PM

Bush stinks, IMHO, but that's just me.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 18, 2003, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by MacGorilla:
I think Bush missed an historic chance with his tax cut. The economy was still going strong and he wanted to give a tax cut as a way of giving back the people "their money" BUT the national debt is also the people's money and the interest we pay on it drains something like 10% of the budget. If we had paid that down a good chunk first. there would have been more money later on for tax cuts.
I agree partly. We should have obliterated the debt, or at least the foreign portion of it, before doing tax cuts.

However, would Congress have been willing to do that? Probably not.

As for my answer to the poll, I put "Don't know". Bush himself, I don't mind so much. It's certain members of his Cabinet -Ashcroft, Fleischer, and Rumsfeld, to name three- who are the dangerous ones. I'm half-convinced Bush is little more than a dupe, set up as the fall guy for the real threats to our nation.

I didn't vote for Bush, Gore, or Nader. None of them were really "good enough" that I could in good conscience support them, though each was problematic in different ways.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Atef's Carcase
Banned
Jan 18, 2003, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
It's certain members of his Cabinet -Ashcroft, Fleischer, and Rumsfeld, to name three- who are the dangerous ones.
Fleischer is the press secretaary for Allah's Sake!!

Ashcroft is a bad choice for his position.
Rumsfeld is getting the job done: running the DOD and improving the Great Satan's military.

What happened to your mod status/blue stars?

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Jan 18, 2003, 10:06 PM

If you really think that is how the economy works then you deserve to not have a job. Go back to school again and get back to us when you are done.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Forum Links
Forum Rules