Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > eMac optical drive problem

eMac optical drive problem
[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2006, 12:26 AM

My emac is just out of warrenty, but I suspect it is an older model sent to New Zealand.
I did not use the burn thing until just recently and found that the optical drive will not read or recognise blank discs. Have tried different discs, cleaning etc. It reads other stuff ok.
I have heard that some optical drives circa 2003 and 2004 failed after just one use. I am sure that mine never worked. Any comments or solutions.
Peter

bill k
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2006, 08:22 PM

I added CD Session Burner, ( CD Session Burner for Mac OS X ) it's capacity is 5.6 MB and it works great, I wouldn't be without it. Hope that solves your problem.

bill k

Beware the chickens, for in their silence, they plot...

bill k
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2006, 09:06 PM

PS - If I don't use CD Session Burner, the emac sometimes won't recognize a blank CD. I think it has something to do with the brand of the CD.

bill k

Forum Links
Forum Rules