Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Mac's always have to out do PC's (check out this vid)

Mac's always have to out do PC's (check out this vid)
unnervingfalcon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 19, 2008, 11:57 PM

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 12:24 AM

Mac's what?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2008, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by TETENAL View Post
Mac's what?
Max ?

-t

unnervingfalcon  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2008, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by TETENAL View Post
Mac's what?

Sense of Humor?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2008, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by unnervingfalcon View Post
Sense of Humor?
Deppenapostroph ?

-t

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2008, 03:03 AM

S'ense of Humor's?

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 03:49 AM

Fuc'k l'apostrophe

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 08:38 AM

Someone told me to meet Bruce in here, but canna find im.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Jan 20, 2008, 11:02 AM

I saw that a long time ago. Relatively funny.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2008, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by unnervingfalcon View Post
You'll laugh for sure
more promises unfulfilled.

Dave N
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 20, 2008, 07:24 PM

I'm no grammar expert (or is this syntax?), but I think that the original poster's elision of "Macintoshes" to "Mac's" was correct. Everyone just assumed that the original poster wanted to write the plural of the shortened "Mac" and mistakenly added the apostrophe, turning it into a possessive. Since the original poster correctly elided "you will" into "you'll", I will give him/her the benefit of the doubt for "Mac's". Shame on all of you for being so high and mighty. That video did suck though...

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2008, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dave N View Post
I'm no grammar expert (or is this syntax?), but I think that the original poster's elision of "Macintoshes" to "Mac's" was correct. Everyone just assumed that the original poster wanted to write the plural of the shortened "Mac" and mistakenly added the apostrophe, turning it into a possessive. Since the original poster correctly elided "you will" into "you'll", I will give him/her the benefit of the doubt for "Mac's". Shame on all of you for being so high and mighty. That video did suck though...
High and mighty my as's, the vid s'ucked, so it's on

-t

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 07:39 PM

on w'ha't?

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
Someone told me to meet Bruce in here, but canna find im.
Bruce! How's it going?

Love, Bruce.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 11:18 PM

Jeez, you only think this thread and this video are a train-wreck until you start reading the YouTube comments, then you begin to pre-emptively lament the demise of humanity, because that steaming pile of s**t marks the spot.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Dave N
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 20, 2008, 11:34 PM

You know, that got a whole lot funnier after reading the youtube comments. Just thinking about the pretentious Mac startup chime and then reading this comment got me to laughing...
Its like the holy grail of computers BEHOLD!! I AM STARTING!!
...and I'm still laughing.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 11:53 PM

The OS holy wars don't interest me -- what I do know is that I spent an hour and a half at a friend's house last night trying to loosen up his internet restrictions (set by a PC "guru" after he had a "worm" destroy his whole drive last year) enough to download iTunes for him so he could plug in an iPod. it took 4 logout/ons between his "internet" account and his "administrator" account, and two re-starts, and multiple tinkering with firewall settings, admin levels, account authorizations, & re-launchings of Firefox to be able to download a damn .exe file. And Windows folk find it necessary to take jabs at Apple's start-up chime? I think they're running out of gas.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2008, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by chris v View Post
what I do know is that I spent an hour and a half at a friend's house last night trying to loosen up his internet restrictions (set by a PC "guru" after he had a "worm" destroy his whole drive last year) enough to download iTunes for him so he could plug in an iPod. it took 4 logout/ons between his "internet" account and his "administrator" account, and two re-starts, and multiple tinkering with firewall settings, admin levels, account authorizations, & re-launchings of Firefox to be able to download a damn .exe file.
LOL,

pwned by Bill & the monkey boy

-t

torsoboy
Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2008, 02:31 AM

The OS holy wars don't interest me -- what I do know is that I spent an hour and a half at a friend's house last night trying to loosen up his internet restrictions (set by a PC "guru" after he had a "worm" destroy his whole drive last year) enough to download iTunes for him so he could plug in an iPod. it took 4 logout/ons between his "internet" account and his "administrator" account, and two re-starts, and multiple tinkering with firewall settings, admin levels, account authorizations, & re-launchings of Firefox to be able to download a damn .exe file. And Windows folk find it necessary to take jabs at Apple's start-up chime? I think they're running out of gas.
For me it's as easy as click, download, install. Don't blame the PC world for something a "guru" did.

Though your friend probably needed that type of restriction if he allowed/caused his computer eaten by a virus.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2008, 12:18 AM

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2008, 12:20 AM

that's always a good video scaught that wasn't to nice of you. calling someone that name. yesh

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Jan 22, 2008, 07:09 AM

I just re-watched it and I don't see the humor.

It's like something from a 1950s comedy where Jerry Lewis knocks over a stack of plates in a quiet restaurant. You see the joke coming, it goes on for a while, but there's no payoff.

Maybe it's just me.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jan 22, 2008, 08:09 AM

And Windows folk find it necessary to take jabs at Apple's start-up chime? I think they're running out of gas.
I saw the video as being a Mac-folk jab against the ****ing annoying Windows touchy-feely welcome music.

We all know a Mac doesn't need to be shut down just to be taken to the library.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2008, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by torsoboy View Post
For me it's as easy as click, download, install. Don't blame the PC world for something a "guru" did.

Though your friend probably needed that type of restriction if he allowed/caused his computer eaten by a virus.
Don't worry -- I blame the "guru" plenty. He was using some crap freeware firewall program that was so poorly laid-out as to be utterly indecipherable -- that was half the problem. It's just kinda sad that Windows has to exist in a realm that incites such fear amongst some of its users.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by analogika View Post
We all know a Mac doesn't need to be shut down just to be taken to the library.
Actually, a good number of folks are shocked to find that sleep does the trick. You should see the surprise when I show them the uptime on my Powerbook. "But what about when you move it??"

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jan 22, 2008, 10:50 AM

Oh, I know - I get *plenty* of incredulous looks from Windows-switcher customers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules