Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > I messed up Duality & now it doesn't work =(

I messed up Duality & now it doesn't work =(
TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2003, 12:23 AM

Hey guys,
Gotta a situation here with my computer. I was messing around with CandyBar and it screwed up Duality. I know, I know, even the CandyBar folks said NOT to run CandyBar in conjunction w/ theme programs, like Duality. But you know us, if we can do then we will try. =(

Here's what I did:
1] On CandyBar (I was using 1.0.2, then version. 1.0.3), I switched icons back to default.
2] Duality started becoming erratic. Originally, I ran CandyBar first and THEN ran Duality to install themes. Somehow, reverting back to default icons in CandyBar caused some conflict w/ Duality.
3] I tried deleting Duality, but didn't know how. I did trash some of its files, NOT sure which though.
4] I downloaded another copy of Duality and installed that, but it couldn't run because the older copy is still there.

So, how do I delete Duality because it does not start at all from System Preferences. Everytime I try, it would attempt to load then stall and I would have to do a Force Quit.

I guess when I screw up, I do it big time. =( Anyways, any help or suggestions would be soooooo GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

macmike42
Senior User
Jan 14, 2003, 02:05 AM

How about a steaming cup of ThemeChanger taken with a pinch of WaterColor Aqua Restore or AquaFix? If you can still launch applications, it's probably only Duality that's hosed, not your system.
"Think Different. Like The Rest Of Us."

iBook G4/1.2GHz | 1.25GB | 60GB | Mac OS X 10.4.2
Athlon XP 2500+/1.83GHz | 1GB PC3200 | 120GB | Windows XP

TheIceMan  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2003, 03:40 AM

Originally posted by macmike42:
How about a steaming cup of ThemeChanger taken with a pinch of WaterColor Aqua Restore or AquaFix? If you can still launch applications, it's probably only Duality that's hosed, not your system.
I'm stuck on Max's Brushed theme in Duality. If I install and use ThemeChanger would I be able to override the Brushed theme and implement another theme? That's what I'm trying to do to get out of Duality and be able to switch themes. Does Themechanger allow me to do that? If it does then I'll give it a try.

[Edit: Ok, I see now. AquaFix will restore me to Aqua, and THEN I can continue on my merry way.] Thanks
( Last edited by TheIceMan; Jan 14, 2003 at 04:20 AM. )

macmike42
Senior User
Jan 14, 2003, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by TheIceMan:
[Edit: Ok, I see now. AquaFix will restore me to Aqua, and THEN I can continue on my merry way.] Thanks
I also recommended the WaterColor Aqua restore because it is a fairly complete Aqua restore theme that comes in 'theme' form. But yes, ThemeChanger allows you to, uh, Change Themes. "Get out of your Duality world!" LOL.
"Think Different. Like The Rest Of Us."

iBook G4/1.2GHz | 1.25GB | 60GB | Mac OS X 10.4.2
Athlon XP 2500+/1.83GHz | 1GB PC3200 | 120GB | Windows XP

Forum Links
Forum Rules