Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > App Update (OS X): iMazing, Calibre, TunnelBear, more

App Update (OS X): iMazing, Calibre, TunnelBear, more
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jan 12, 2016, 05:03 PM

App development has taken off in the last few years, making it increasingly difficult to stay on top of all the latest versions. To help all of you out, we here at MacNN are dedicated to sorting through new update releases, and highlighting some of the important ones, as well as showcasing apps that we find to be interesting. Today, we showcase MacUpdate's current deal on PageMeUp, and also detail recent updates to iOS file manager iMazing, e-book manager Calibre, Internet security tool TunnelBear, phone backup utility PhoneCopy, file manage Together, and OCR software Prizmo.

Featured App of the Day

Start designing all of your next web and print projects with MacUpdate's current deal on PageMeUp. On sale for $15, PageMeUp includes a number of tools for quickly creating both web pages and a range of hard print documents. Both images and text can be dragged directly into a PageMeUp document, edited in a number of ways, and then exported to either PDF or HTML/CSS.

App Update

iMazing v1.4.5
$35
iMazing is a tool for accessing the file system, applications, and data of any iOS device from a desktop. Users can transfer files and folders between their iOS device and computer, as well as read notes, export call history, save voice memos and more. Version 1.45 has optimized the loading of large sets of messages, as well as improved the transfer speed of copying music to a device. In addition, it is now possible to fully restore apps that use shared containers and backups are now completely editable.
Download - 29.6MB

Calibre v2.48
Free
Calibre is a tool for managing e-books. Within the app users can organize all of their digital books, covert them into multiple formats, and sync files between devices. The latest release includes a driver for Energy Ereader Screenlight, as well as a new option to have superscripts/subscripts converted so that they do not affect the line height of the line containing them. A bug that could result in zero byte image files or file in use errors when compressing images has also been addressed.
Download - 82.9MB

TunnelBear v2.5.7
Free
TunnelBear is a subscription-based virtual private network server that allows users to browse the internet privately. A lingering sale promo display bug has been addressed with this minor update.
Download - 22.6MB

PhoneCopy v2.0
Free
PhoneCopy allows users to backup and synchronize contacts, events, notes, and messages from a variety of mobile phone models. Along with a redesign to bring the app in line with the companies updates website, this release also includes a lot of internal fixes in response to user feedback.
Download - 1.4MB

Together v3.5
$50
Together is a tool for storing, previewing, editing and searching a variety of files. Most items can be dragged to Together's main window or Shelf for quick access. In v3.5 the Choose Library and Manage Libraries panels now show a graphical path below the library name, and the Manage Libraries panel is no longer modal. Auto Import has also gained its own preferences panel and numerous reported bugs have been addressed.
Download - 11.1MB

Prizmo v3.1.6
$50
Prizmo is a Mac-based OCR utility that is capable of scanning data from images taken with a digital camera. The software can correct lens distortion and perspective, allowing users to capture information from most images. The latest release has improved readability when "Increase Contrast" is enabled in OS X by adding high-contrast colors and larger fonts to the bottom toolbar, and using larger region number labels in the text editor. A bug that could display the wrong value for the Prepare/Develop button in the toolbar has also fixed.

ElectroTech
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 13, 2016, 04:02 AM

I downloaded Tunnelblick a few weeks ago and bought a life time subscription only to find out that I could not get the VPN to work at all. I repeatedly went to the site for installation instructions and help with no avail. I have set up VPNs several times before with great success but this was a non-starter. I sent emails to the company asking for help and unsuccessfully tried their online chat help but got no response. Eventually, I sent an email to the company asking for my money back but got a BlackBerry message back that their VPN was working and my request for my money back was denied. No support, No money back, No good!
( Last edited by ElectroTech; Jan 13, 2016 at 04:07 AM. Reason: error in name of product)

Forum Links
Forum Rules