Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > The tipping point...

The tipping point...
megatronbomb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2006, 10:06 PM

I've been looking for a notebook for a little while now for when school starts but I've been procrastinating. Seeing as school starts Monday I knew that this weekend I had to seriously figure out what I was going to do.

With all the apparent issues with the MacBook, and my personal issues with it such as lousy speakers, I was seriously looking at PCs and thinking of leaving Apple... for at least a while.

For some reason today, as I was coming out of the Sony store (considering the VAIO) I walked across the way and decided to actually "play with" the MacBook, something I really hadn't done much of.

What tipped it for me, and this may sound crazy, but being a student I require MS Office... I was surprised to see how quick and snappy the Office apps were despite being made for the PPC and not a universal app. I honestly expected they'd work like crap.

I made sure I got a week 36. I opened it in the store and looked it over... there were no obvious flaws... and no dead pixels (I've got a mild form of OCD and dead pixels drive me up the wall. )

Anyhow, despite paying a little more than I would have for a comparable PC notebook I think I'm pleased. I bought a Brenthaven (sp) bag which is awesome and seems to offer the best protection of what I saw in the $50 price range. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my PPC Mini.

Forum Links
Forum Rules