Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Decals for the MacBook...

Decals for the MacBook...
megatronbomb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2007, 05:42 PM

I'm tired of the white and I want to get a decal to go on my MacBook. I know there are sites like decal girl, etc that have "skins" that cover the entire outer surface, but I'm wondering if vinyl decals, like those sold on eBay for instance, would stick?

SLiMeX
Senior User
Feb 11, 2007, 12:53 AM

Should've gotten the black!

Just kidding! What were you looking for? I mean if you just want decals you could buy some stickers for your favourite bands or something, slap them on there. If you're looking for like, wood grain or something, I don't have a clue where to look. Also, I know you can buy ultra-slim plastic covers for the macbook, too.
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

earthlings
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2007, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by megatronbomb View Post
I'm tired of the white and I want to get a decal to go on my MacBook. I know there are sites like decal girl, etc that have "skins" that cover the entire outer surface, but I'm wondering if vinyl decals, like those sold on eBay for instance, would stick?
If I saw this message earlier I would know the site. I was searching thru the picture boards, and saw the site you are looking for, but until then, I have no clue what the site is called. I'll look.

earthlings
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2007, 01:38 AM

I found it.

earthlings
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2007, 01:39 AM

megatronbomb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 03:22 AM

Oooh... thanks. I like the idea of the Maccents but none of them really hit the spot. I ended up ordering some Decepticon (Transformers) vinyl decals on eBay... I'm not sure how they'll work, but they're a set with different sizes. I'm sure one of them will fit well.

megatronbomb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by SLiMeX View Post
Should've gotten the black!

Just kidding! What were you looking for? I mean if you just want decals you could buy some stickers for your favourite bands or something, slap them on there. If you're looking for like, wood grain or something, I don't have a clue where to look. Also, I know you can buy ultra-slim plastic covers for the macbook, too.
More than anything I was wondering if vinyl decals would physically work. Will they stick? I'm guessing they will. If not, I'll be sure to mention it here.

earthlings
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2007, 03:34 PM

ok. Maybe when you get them, you could take a picture of the decal and post it here.

megatronbomb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by earthlings View Post
ok. Maybe when you get them, you could take a picture of the decal and post it here.
I will.

voiceofra
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2007, 05:09 AM

A few more options for ya:
Speck Products -See Thru Hard Case.
Decal Girl laptop skins.
And if they EVER get things rolling again (they've been "on hiatus" for far too long. Right AFTER i got my iPod, too) - MacSkins.

megatronbomb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by voiceofra View Post
A few more options for ya:
Speck Products -See Thru Hard Case.
Decal Girl laptop skins.
And if they EVER get things rolling again (they've been "on hiatus" for far too long. Right AFTER i got my iPod, too) - MacSkins.
Thanks for the links!

I went to the Apple store yesterday, I'm also looking for a sleeve (I have a Brenthaven bag, and it provides great protection if I'm going somewhere, but sometimes I just want a sleeve if I'm walking across campus to class, etc) and gave the Speck hard cases a good look. It's hard to tell how much bulk they add and that concerned me. Also, I think their price point is too high for what it is. I ended up not getting a sleeve... just didn't see one I liked.

It's too bad MacSkinz could never really get their act together. I saw them in the past and they looked pretty neat.

quiklee
Senior User
Feb 16, 2007, 04:13 AM

I've been looking for a Mossimo Sticker or an old Redsand sticker . . if i just dated myself . . oh well!
I am part of Lakers Nation and love to buy Used Golf Clubs

megatronbomb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2007, 12:50 AM

My decals arrived today.

I know it looks really crooked, but it's not nearly that bad in person, I swear!

xpsonic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2007, 06:09 AM

doesnt look too bad. =]

earthlings
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2007, 12:41 PM

sweet!!! congrats on your buy!

rnp614
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2007, 05:23 PM

Will those sorts of decals from macstyles or the decepticon ones from ebay stain the macbook finish? I kind of want to get some white decals for my blackbook but dont want to ruin the finish

katwmn1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2007, 09:57 PM

http://www.macavatar.com
http://www.zcuztomskinz.com
iPod Skins and Computer Laptop Covers Make a Statement - I have used theirs...works great. It's easy to remove and replace. I just ordered a new one through macavatar.com (you can find them cheaper on eBay...search for "macbook decal")...I'll let you know how it is.

Hope this helps

Forum Links
Forum Rules