Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone else order from J & R in NY?

Anyone else order from J & R in NY?
NY152
Forum Regular
May 23, 2001, 12:05 PM

I called J&R this morning around 7 am and spoke to a really helpful sales rep named *Rick*. After I was informed that they still have some iBook DVD models in stock, and that they could ship it out to me today for tomorrow delivery I quickly cancelled my Apple Store order still "Being Assembled" dating from the 5th and placed an order with J & R.

I have since received a phone call about a half hour ago from J & R's credit department verifying my delivery address. When asked when I could obtain a FedEX tracker number the gentleman stated to call back the customer service number after 5 pm today.

My question to all the people who have ordered from J & R in the past, and especially recently is....

Did you receive your purchase when promised?

And was there any run around from them?

Thanks

NY152
<over-large signature edited by management>

er1c
Forum Regular
May 25, 2001, 02:11 PM

I bought audio equipment from them and it came when they said it would. and when i realized the item was not to my liking they accepted it back in a simple process. Even offered me $50.00 back to keep it!

I am about to order iBook myself, best of luck

------------------
"It's not the thing you fling, but the fling itself."

emsauda
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2001, 02:15 PM

That's strange...I called them and ordered yesterday, and the guy I spoke to said it would be next week by the time I got the ice Book (DVD). I'm getting ready to call them again and see what's going on. I've never ordered anything from them other than this, but they are an authorized Apple reseller so we'll get the X upgrade. I'll post the results ... E

update...
Just got off the phone with Brandon at J and R...he said the product is on back order, so I don't know what is going on...someone is telling the truth, and someone is not...the usual for these mail order places, i guess

[This message has been edited by emsauda (edited 05-25-2001).]
"If I were king, there'd be some changes made." -REK, Jr.

gammaboy
May 27, 2001, 07:18 PM

I ordered a DVD model from them on Tuesday night based on a tip from this forum. They were in-stock at that time but they were running low. My order was processed on Wednesday and I received my iBook on Thursday.

No problems.

FYI, they will not accept returns on Apple equipment (along with several other PC manufacturers) so check the unit for damage before powering it up. They will accept a return if the hard drive is not initialized. After initialization, all service must be obtained from Apple.

MaxMac
Forum Regular
May 27, 2001, 07:21 PM

Link anyone?
I love deadlines. They make a whooshing sound as they pass by.

prodigy1387
May 27, 2001, 08:07 PM

I ordered the same iBook DVD/256 from them on may 24th for delivery the 25th. The process was kind of wierd:
1) ordered
2) had to call back with my order number before it shipped
3) had to call customer service for tracking number and checking of order status
but I got my beautiful iBook from them as promised on may 25th and I am very happy with it: VERY high quality product. Order it from them, they are very reliable (and their prices were $46 less than Macmall who i cancelled my original iBook order to order it with J&R).

prodigy1387
May 27, 2001, 08:09 PM

I ordered the same iBook DVD/256 from them on may 24th for delivery the 25th. The process was kind of wierd:
1) ordered
2) had to call back with my order number before it shipped
3) had to call customer service for tracking number and checking of order status
but I got my beautiful iBook from them as promised on may 25th and I am very happy with it: VERY high quality product. Order it from them, they are very reliable (and their prices were $46 less than Macmall who i cancelled my original iBook order to order it with J&R).

er1c
Forum Regular
May 30, 2001, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by NY152:

Did you receive your purchase when promised?

And was there any run around from them?

Thanks

NY152[/B]
I just ordered iBook, CD Rom, Chris said it was in stock and I opted for 2nd day shipping ($20) should be in my hands Friday. I will post when it appears. As I said J and R has been very good in past.

This time i saved $150.00 over Apple store. Higher Education discount was matched by J and R and tax brak. Got to love it.

Outpost on the other hand, I cannot recommend.

------------------
"It's not the thing you fling, but the fling itself."

[This message has been edited by er1c (edited 05-30-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules