Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > bulk emailing- two hundred emails for a tennis club

bulk emailing- two hundred emails for a tennis club
skin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2005, 12:58 PM

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows a good programme to do a bulk email every week or so. What would be perfect is a programme that will take the name and email address from an excel spreadsheet. Also because people are joining or changing address quite often it would be great if it was able to look at a new spreadsheet and work out which are the new addresses and which are out of date. I am using 10.38 on an imac 20". I dont want to use entourage if possible and I dont want to use mail/address book for this as i dont want to have all these names in my contacts imaking it hard to find all the names i need to find all the time.
Thanks in advance for any info
skin
G4 400(gigaethernet), 768ram, 10.33

BZ
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 18, 2005, 01:36 PM

Maxbulk Mailer
http://www.maxprog.com/MaxBulk.html

I use it for hundreds, thousands of emails (subscribed) and it works great. It cannot pull from Excel directly, but can if you save as CSV (comma/tab). Not the best interface, but once you get it set it up does work really well.

BZ

blackstar
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 18, 2005, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by skin
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows a good programme to do a bulk email every week or so. What would be perfect is a programme that will take the name and email address from an excel spreadsheet. Also because people are joining or changing address quite often it would be great if it was able to look at a new spreadsheet and work out which are the new addresses and which are out of date. I am using 10.38 on an imac 20". I dont want to use entourage if possible and I dont want to use mail/address book for this as i dont want to have all these names in my contacts imaking it hard to find all the names i need to find all the time.
Thanks in advance for any info
skin
I use mailmerge.app it takes excell spreadsheets as the source and works veryeasy...
very cheap too, I compared all these bulk mailers and found this to be the best suiting for me...

skin  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2005, 07:15 PM

Thanx for the suggestions BZ and Blackstar. I will have a look at both of them.
Cheers again
skin
G4 400(gigaethernet), 768ram, 10.33

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Apr 18, 2005, 07:27 PM

Make sure it's okay with your ISP when you do this. You might also want to give them a heads up and explain what you're doing so they don't think you're a spammer or a trojan-infested Wintel machine and cut off your Internet connection.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

BZ
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2005, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by CharlesS
Make sure it's okay with your ISP when you do this. You might also want to give them a heads up and explain what you're doing so they don't think you're a spammer or a trojan-infested Wintel machine and cut off your Internet connection.
That is one of the nice things about BulkMail, is that you can set it to send x emails per x seconds/minutes. I usually trickle it.

BZ

Forum Links
Forum Rules