Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Who has most recently received their 12"? When will I get mine!

Who has most recently received their 12"? When will I get mine! (Page 4)
Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 17, 2003, 02:53 PM

Well, I just sent my 12� back to Apple. Once it gets scanned by FedEx my replacement order will start to process, and I get to do the whole thing over again!!

Here�s hoping my second one won�t be DOA and won�t have any dead pixels like the one I just sent back.. ooh that would be the icing on the cake � the new one works great but has a stuck pixel that�s always green that�s dead center on the screen..

So what�s the average wait time for orders these days? Is it still 3 weeks?

jon_hh_68
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2003, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by idyll:
I got mine!!! It has the stock configuration.. I'm typing on it right now!! This thing is great!!

*speechless*
Does it wobble? I am waiting to get mine. It is frozen to the floor in Anchorage. I got the extra battery though, straight from Taiwan.

idyll
Senior User
Feb 17, 2003, 03:18 PM

Actually.. it does wobble a bit.. Not when im typing but if I push down hard enough on one corner it wobbles a bit. It's very quiet, but also very hot (in my opinion). I don't know if it should get this hot .. we'll see. I'll probbably end up buying the CoolPad.

ratchetcat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2003, 05:49 PM

I got mine today, too! Sweet, sweet little machine, and my first Apple since the used PM 7500 I bought quite a while ago.

Mine is maxed out -- everything but the SD. So far, I don't see any dead pixels. The machine doesn't appear to wobble. The battery cover isn't quite flush (only off by the depth of a fingernail or two). Beyond that, I haven't got any complaints. It's great! Everything I expected.

idyll
Senior User
Feb 17, 2003, 05:55 PM

My battery cover isn't flush either.. No dead pixels or anything . I should get my 512mb of ram by Firday, so we'll see how it performs then. So far, though, it's been great.

Hozie
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 17, 2003, 06:10 PM

My status says 'handover accepted (scanned) by CEP'. I have no idea what 'CEP' mean, so if anyone knows, please enlighten me. I kind of expect to get it tomorrow or the day after, so I'll hopefully be playing with it real soon...

<edit>
My package is now in Brussels, about 5 miles away from my house. I hope TNT delivers it real soon...
</edit>
( Last edited by Hozie; Feb 18, 2003 at 07:55 AM. )

StiZeven
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 18, 2003, 11:00 AM

If anyone is interested, or is in the same boat (or distribution batch) as me:

My tracking information says that it was 'delivered' to IN on the 14th. It looks like they didn't update the tracking info from customs - on. So, I just called FedEx to see if they were able to send any flights out to Newark Airport (since we got hit with 20-30" of snow) and to see if perhaps this is yet another recycled tracking number. After the rep looked into it, she said that is in on the truck in my borough (NYC) for delivery! However, the tracking site suggests that it's still in IN since she verified the tracking number was accurate. I am really surprised FedEx was able to overnight here from IN in a blizzard!

Anyway, I hope it gets here soon since the poor little thing has been all over the world in 6 days time in the freezing cold! I am going to let it sit a thaw out for an hour or two before I turn it on. I don't want to shock the thing!

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2003, 11:13 AM

And as an update for me, I am still hoping that FedEx will be able to deliver this, the third, attempt. If not I have to go downtown later this evening to pick it up, now that I'm back in Chicago.

-mikey
15" TiBook RIP :(
12" AlBook (867MHz/60GB/640MB RAM/SuperDrive/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 20 Feb 2003
30" ACD, G5 (Dual 2.5GHz/500GB/4GB RAM/6800 Ultra DDL/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 15 Dec 2004

jon_hh_68
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2003, 12:19 PM

I ordered my PB on 2/3. It should be delivered today. I called FedEx and it is on the truck. I am so STOKED!

lazydesert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2003, 02:15 PM

I got the 2-5 day shipping.. did you guys figure out if that's 2-5 from Taiwan, or does the 2-5 start when it hits the States?
lazydesert

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 18, 2003, 03:08 PM

Apple told me the two days satrts when the shipment hits the u.s. (Of course, Twaiwan is ahead of us, so in the long run it seems shorter!)

My base station was sent 2-5-day shipping and I got it in two days. I think stuff coming overseas takes less time, for some reason. But that's an untested theory, mind you.

Keep checking your tracking info -- and enjoy the suspense and the wait. Got my PB last week and really, really like it.

Bubba Jones
Feb 18, 2003, 03:18 PM

Just recieved my BTO maxed out 12" sans only AE card. Ordered 1-31. left factory 2-14 arrived chicago loop 2-18. I asked for 2 day shipping but was not charged and my invoice says fedex ground. dunno. i plan to add YA 12" review to the forum to consolidate some of the multimedia apps questions and just to add some 12" fire onto the new 17" fire present here in the forums. on the quickie. none of the latch, screws, heat, dead pixel (possible problems) are present so far. gosh... it's just splenderific!

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2003, 05:11 PM

FedEx guy finally came at a time when someone (namely, me) would be here today.. So I have my PowerBook. I had a chance to take it out and drool over it but haven't had the time to even turn it on yet. Just got back from California to Chicago and I have way too much schoolwork to do. Hopefully this evening.. It's killing me! But I *have* to do this work, and I know the second that baby boots up it's all over for my work resolve.

-mikey
12" AlBook (867MHz/60GB/640MB RAM/SuperDrive/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 20 Feb 2003
30" ACD, G5 (Dual 2.5GHz/500GB/4GB RAM/6800 Ultra DDL/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 15 Dec 2004

jon_hh_68
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2003, 05:33 PM

I got my baby. Do not forget to install Airport 3.0 because it is not preinstalled on the machine and you can't configure your base station without it. This thing works great. Screen is wonderful, no dead pixels. There was a slight wobble but that went away once the machine warmed up, I assume that the case warps somewhat as the temperature rises. The left palm rest is definitely warm but not bothersome. The latch works fine and latches with a slight tap. Overall very nice.

Great job apple!

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 18, 2003, 07:00 PM

Damn, I will prolly be ordering mine this week, I wish it was not still a 2-4 week wait...

Double Damn!

-Owl

lazydesert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2003, 08:07 PM

Originally posted by OwlBoy:
Damn, I will prolly be ordering mine this week, I wish it was not still a 2-4 week wait...

Double Damn!

-Owl
Mine said 2-4 weeks, but it took less than one for it to be shipped. Now I wait
lazydesert

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2003, 08:13 PM

lazydesert,

What date did you order? I ordered Sunday night...It would be awesome if it shipped by the end of week!

By the way, mine has a maxed hard drive and ram..maybe that'll make it take longer...

lazydesert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2003, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by sweatervest:
lazydesert,

What date did you order? I ordered Sunday night...It would be awesome if it shipped by the end of week!

By the way, mine has a maxed hard drive and ram..maybe that'll make it take longer...
Ordered :
02/13/2003
12:20 PM PST

Shipped:
02/18/2003

I got 12" with AE, 60gig, and maxed ram.
lazydesert

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2003, 08:39 PM

lazydesert � wow really? My replacement order was placed on the 15th � I would be pleasantly surprised if it shipped next week!

lazydesert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2003, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by Rivak:
lazydesert � wow really? My replacement order was placed on the 15th � I would be pleasantly surprised if it shipped next week!
I was very surprised, and all ready to put it in the back of my mind til next month. But now it looks like I'll for sure have it in hand by the beginning of next week
lazydesert

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2003, 09:26 PM

Finally using my PowerBook. Typing from it right now. This thing is SOOOO FREAKING NICE! I am *really* happy so far.

-mikey

Altair
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2003, 12:25 AM

Originally posted by lazydesert:
Ordered :
02/13/2003
12:20 PM PST

Shipped:
02/18/2003

I got 12" with AE, 60gig, and maxed ram.
Yay this means that my 12" with the same configuration could ship tommorrow. I ordered on 2/14. That will make me happy since I will recieve it before my spring break road trip. BTW this is my first mac and my first laptop.

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2003, 02:04 AM

Just wanted to say that I have been using my PowerBook almost nonstop for the past 6 hours (I know, I can't believe it myself), and that I am absolutely IN LOVE. I can't *wait* to take it out into the world and use it on campus. It is outstanding! I have been customizing it and installing apps like mad since I started playing this afternoon.

-mikey

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2003, 03:17 AM

/me jealous

[and change your sig, you've got it now!]

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2003, 03:42 AM

Originally posted by mikeylebeau:
Just wanted to say that I have been using my PowerBook almost nonstop for the past 6 hours (I know, I can't believe it myself), and that I am absolutely IN LOVE. I can't *wait* to take it out into the world and use it on campus. It is outstanding! I have been customizing it and installing apps like mad since I started playing this afternoon.

-mikey
Congrats, Dude! I'm happy for you - enjoy!!!

iBorg

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2003, 04:26 AM

Mine's on the way ...

Ordered:
2/14/03
10:17 AM PST

Shipped:
2/18/03

Combo drive, 640 MB RAM

Leaf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2003, 04:32 AM

Okay now even though I ordered the 15" TiBook I figured since there is sooo much shipping talk here w/ FedEx and tracking etc. that I'd post my question here instead of creating a whole new thread.

First off here's my tracking info:

Ship Date 02/15/2003
Delivered To
Delivery Location BELLEVUE WA
Delivery Date/Time
Signed For By
Service Type IP Direct Distribution

Scan Activity Date/Time Comments
Package status/ANCHORAGE AK 02/18/2003 16:39 Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay
Package status/ANCHORAGE AK 02/17/2003 16:29 Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay
Left FedEx Ramp/C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW 02/15/2003 20:03
Package status/ANCHORAGE AK 02/15/2003 17:26 Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay
Left FedEx Origin Location/TAOYUAN CITY TW 02/15/2003 14:02
Pickup status/TAOYUAN CITY TW 02/15/2003 13:59 Package received after FedEx cutoff time

I paid for the 2nd Day Air delivery and I notice that it says Bellevue, WA instead of Indianapolis so does that mean it's coming directly to Washington from Alaska? I'm also confused on how long stuff usually sits in customs.

I called FedEx and the delivery date is estimated as 2/19 (today) by 10:00am but I'm not holding my breath if it's still being held in Alaska. I also never got an e-mail from Apple that the PowerBook shipped which I thought was odd, it just says Shipped under the Order Status page and then links to the Fed Ex tracking #. This doesn't look to be a recycled # since it was shipped on the same day that the order page says.

Any insights? Thanks.

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2003, 10:09 AM

Not exactly an insight -- I received notification from APple a good 12 or so hours AFTER I got the happy news on the apple store (status) page. But yours is a day or so old at this point.

I'm not sure why it's being held inAlaska, because mine just stayed there for about 4 hours. BUt I will say, if it's still in Alaska, you're probably not getting it today. Probably tomorrow. (I bet yours is going to Washington from Alaska.) Once it leaves Alaska, though, I bet you'll have it in less than a day. I did -- it was amazing how fast I got it. (Before I went to sleep last Wednesday night, it had left Alaska -- from there to Indiana, to Chicago, to a suburb, to me -- in about 12 or 13 hours. Well, 12 or 13 hours that I knew about, in my tracking of the tracking numbers.)

Good luck. Call Fed Ex directly, I say.

Beth

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2003, 10:11 AM

Mikey-- Am so glad you like the book. I love mine. Rivak, I wish your new one would come. I was very disappointed for you.

Mikey-- did you get Airport Extreme? Any trouble with dropped connections and it suddenly ceaqsing to work? (See my post in networking.) I'm just wondering.

Beth

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2003, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the kind words all. Beth, so far no problems with AirPort Extreme, though I haven't used it for really extended periods of time (I was using hard-wired for the first few hours yesterday). And the funny thing is I was expecting problems, because my roommate's WAP, the Linksys WAP11, is supposed to be causing people problems with the AirPort Extreme card. Have you seen the MacNN news about that from a while back? But you have the actual Apple base station.. So I dunno?

-mikey

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2003, 10:47 AM

So, I wake up this morning, and check the order status because I am simply obsessed...

My 12" PB and Airport Extreme Base Station shipped! I am so shocked...I wasn't expecting it for another week! I ordered Sunday night (the 16th) and it's now Wednesday! I got two day shipping so it should be here in a couple of days... I am so shocked...woohoo!!

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2003, 11:02 AM

Sweatervest, I'm sorry but simply haven't suffered enough! THe rest of us (and I didn't order right after the Keynote, like some people -- I waited until Jan. 25) were obsessively checking status pages several times a day. That lasted more than 2 weeks, at least, before shipping.

You must suffer some more...

I'm kidding, of course. Expect your laptop in a few days. You'll be dazzled.

beth

lazydesert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2003, 11:30 AM

I'm kicking myself in the pants right now for not getting the faster shipping
lazydesert

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2003, 12:03 PM

For everyone who ordered on the 14th, 15th, or 16th, that have already received shipping confirmations... are these BTO configurations, or are they stock 12� units?

I placed my replacement order on the 15th, and normally I wouldn�t expect to receive a shipping confirmation so soon, but it seems to be the trend so now I kinda am.. The lady at Apple said they would process my replacement order as fast as they can and.. I�m dyin over here!!

Hehe, and oh yeah, I got the special �we love you and we�d hate to lose you as a customer� overnight shipping!!

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2003, 01:22 PM

For everyone who ordered on the 14th, 15th, or 16th, that have already received shipping confirmations... are these BTO configurations, or are they stock 12� units?
BTO in that I wanted to max out the RAM ... heck if I'd wanted a stock unit I could have walked out of the store with one

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2003, 01:32 PM

I ordered a BTO, maxed ram and hard drive, and Airport Extreme card and base station on the 16th, and they shipped this morning.

Steve68
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2003, 01:54 PM

Just wanted to give those of you waiting for a maxed-out 12'' or those sitting on the fence a positive update:

I ordered mine on 2/14, it went to "Being assembled" on 2/17 and was shipped today on 2/19! ETA here in Germany is 2/25 :-)

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2003, 02:26 PM

thanks CaseCom and sweatervest.. Yeah, I guess if you wanted a stock unit you could have just walked into a store (duh!)

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2003, 08:56 PM

Woot. JUST ordered:

PURCHASE INFORMATION

ORDER

Part Number: Z07B
Product Name: PowerBook 867MHz (12.1" TFT)
Options:
065-3653 867MHz PowerPC G4
065-3651 640MB DDR266 (128MB built-in & 512MB SO-DIMM)
065-3657 60GB Ultra ATA drive
065-3659 Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
065-3662 AirPort Extreme Card
065-3663 Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
Unit Price: $1,983.00
Quantity: 1
Net Price: $1,983.00
Estimated time to ship: 2-4 weeks

Your chosen shipping method is Ground Shipping.

ORDER SUBTOTAL: $1,983.00
ESTIMATED TAX AMOUNT: $109.07

ESTIMATED ORDER TOTAL: $2,092.07

lets hope it shipps as fast as the people's who ordered on the 13th and 14th.

Edit: my status page is up now, says "Est. Ship date: On or before 03/19/2003"

AHH!

-Owl
( Last edited by OwlBoy; Feb 19, 2003 at 09:24 PM. )

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2003, 10:29 PM

Owl Boy -- I bet you get it inside 2 weeks! They're shipping much faster it seems. My original time was a month, and it took 2 1/2 weeks.

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2003, 11:14 PM

Great to hear!

-Owl

SplijinX
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2003, 09:04 AM

Hrm...

Ordered my PB 2/17 and got a shippment notification today (2/20). I checked the tracking number and it says its being delivered to INDIANAPOLIS IN, but I live in VA. I've seen some threads about recycled tracking numbers and what not, but this seems unique seeing that it shipped on 2/20. Anyone have any ideas or see some posts I missed? Thanks for the help.

Tracking Number 630291571793
Reference Number UV30808XNP4 Z07B01MHT
Ship Date 02/20/2003
Delivered To
Delivery Location INDIANAPOLIS IN
Delivery Date/Time
Signed For By
Service Type IP Direct Distribution

000010 Z07B01MHT PBG4 12.1/867/640/60G/SD/AP/BT

With the following configuration:

Processor 065-3653 867MHz PowerPC G4
Memory 065-3651 640MB DDR 266 SDRAM
Hard Drive 065-3657 60GB Hard Drive
Optical Drive 065-3660 Super Drive
Airport 065-3662 Airport Extreme Card
Keyboard/Mac OS Language 065-4124 Keyboard/Mac OS for SD

Hozie
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2003, 09:52 AM

WOOHOOO! I got mine two days ago and it's been absolutely fantastic so far. The heat issu us way overblows, mine is warm to hot, but not so hot as to be unbearable. I do have the wobbling problem though, although it's extremely minimal. The battery isn't completely flush, about 1 mm. This seems to be a manufacturing issu, and I'd be surprised if anyone doesn't have this problem. Anyway, it's peachy!!!

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2003, 10:49 AM

I think Indianapolis must be a central US hub. Mine went there (but I'm near Chicago, so that's logical) and I know others -- who live much farther away, such as California -- also went to Indianapolis first. But I can't believe you're going to get yours so quickly!!!

By the way, I'm typing on mine now...

Beth

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2003, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by Hozie:
The battery isn't completely flush, about 1 mm. This seems to be a manufacturing issu, and I'd be surprised if anyone doesn't have this problem. Anyway, it's peachy!!!
Mine doesn't do this at all. Have you checked to see if maybe your rubber nubs aren't all there or the same? That could also be the problem.

However I do have a latch that likes to stay out after opening the case, anyone seen solutions for that?

-mikey

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Feb 20, 2003, 11:47 AM

Surprise: My 12" PB has arrived! Totally wasn't expecting it this soon. Too bad I don't have time to play with it today

To sum up:
Ordered 2/14/03
Shipped 2/18/03
Delivered 2/20/03

And I didn't even pay for rush delivery.

Here's the FedEx record:

Delivered/INDIANAPOLIS IN 02/20/2003 09:06 _
Left FedEx Ramp/MINNEAPOLIS MN 02/20/2003 07:18 _
Arrived at FedEx Ramp/MINNEAPOLIS MN 02/20/2003 07:17 _
On FedEx vehicle for delivery/SAINT PAUL MN 02/20/2003 06:43 _
Arrived at FedEx Destination Location/SAINT PAUL MN 02/20/2003 06:40 _
Left FedEx Sort Facility/INDIANAPOLIS IN 02/20/2003 04:46 _
Arrived at Sort Facility/INDIANAPOLIS IN 02/20/2003 01:25 _
Left FedEx Sort Facility/ANCHORAGE AK 02/19/2003 14:44 _
Left FedEx Ramp/C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW 02/19/2003 19:59 _
Arrived at FedEx Ramp/TA YUAN HSIANG TW 02/18/2003 23:17 _
Left FedEx Origin Location/TAOYUAN CITY TW 02/18/2003 18:05 _
Pickup status/TAOYUAN CITY TW 02/18/2003 16:35

Not sure why they think it was delivered in Indianapolis

Funny thing is, my PB got here from Taiwan quicker than my copy of Office X got here from Sacramento (also supposed to arrive today; I took the option of separate delivery)

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2003, 01:01 PM

Just thought I�d let you all know that my replacement PowerBook shipped today (2/20/02) from Taiwan! YAY!!! Now, the $64,000 question is: is overnight shipping really �overnight�

I hope it is, but it�s gotta come from Taiwan, go through Alaska, into Indianapolis, and then to me in California. I don�t think that can all happen in 24 hours..

But maybe (hopefully) FedEx will surprise me and I�ll get it tomorrow!!!

lazydesert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2003, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by CaseCom:
Surprise: My 12" PB has arrived! Totally wasn't expecting it this soon. Too bad I don't have time to play with it today

To sum up:
Ordered 2/14/03
Shipped 2/18/03
Delivered 2/20/03

And I didn't even pay for rush delivery.

Here's the FedEx record:

Delivered/INDIANAPOLIS IN 02/20/2003 09:06 _
Left FedEx Ramp/MINNEAPOLIS MN 02/20/2003 07:18 _
Arrived at FedEx Ramp/MINNEAPOLIS MN 02/20/2003 07:17 _
On FedEx vehicle for delivery/SAINT PAUL MN 02/20/2003 06:43 _
Arrived at FedEx Destination Location/SAINT PAUL MN 02/20/2003 06:40 _
Left FedEx Sort Facility/INDIANAPOLIS IN 02/20/2003 04:46 _
Arrived at Sort Facility/INDIANAPOLIS IN 02/20/2003 01:25 _
Left FedEx Sort Facility/ANCHORAGE AK 02/19/2003 14:44 _
Left FedEx Ramp/C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW 02/19/2003 19:59 _
Arrived at FedEx Ramp/TA YUAN HSIANG TW 02/18/2003 23:17 _
Left FedEx Origin Location/TAOYUAN CITY TW 02/18/2003 18:05 _
Pickup status/TAOYUAN CITY TW 02/18/2003 16:35

Not sure why they think it was delivered in Indianapolis

Funny thing is, my PB got here from Taiwan quicker than my copy of Office X got here from Sacramento (also supposed to arrive today; I took the option of separate delivery)
That is exactly like mine. Except my tracking results end at Arrived in Indianapolis. I'm in South Dakota, so maybe mine'll come today too. . .
lazydesert

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2003, 01:41 PM

Yay, Rivak! It's funny, because as I was clicking on the link I was thinking of you and wondering if you'd received shipping notification yet.

Hope the book comes tomorrow. (And remember, taiwan is ahead of us, so maybe it's already on its way to Alaska. Can you get Saturday delivery?

Beth

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2003, 05:45 PM

So, my base station got here today. Called FedEx, said they won't be able to get my PB to me until Monday. I am more then a little annoyed, I paid $20 2 day shipping for nothing. I'm sticking with UPS from now on. I really just want to keep calling and calling, they said I should blame Apple, but since FedEx is in charge of shipping, I don't understand why...

Forum Links
Forum Rules