Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Entourage send and receive

Entourage send and receive
Jlwolfer
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2004, 10:33 PM

Hi Everyone
Is there any way I can set up Entourage to stay connected instead of running every min or two. I have my apple hooked up at my office and I want my email to stay connected or do I have to keep send and receive set up for 1 min. If anyone can help please explain in easy steps still new to Entourage

Thanks
Jeremy

CatOne
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2004, 02:47 AM

Originally posted by Jlwolfer:
Hi Everyone
Is there any way I can set up Entourage to stay connected instead of running every min or two. I have my apple hooked up at my office and I want my email to stay connected or do I have to keep send and receive set up for 1 min. If anyone can help please explain in easy steps still new to Entourage

Thanks
Jeremy
What do you mean "stay connected?"

What protocol are you using to get your mail -- POP or IMAP? If it's POP, you *have* to check for mail... there is no automatic notification (actually, I think the same is true with IMAP).

Are you used to using Outlook and Exchange, by any chance? That combination "stays connected" but it's only because it uses Microsoft's proprietary MAPI protocol, which can push information on new emails/messages/... to the client. Normal POP and IMAP clients (the only things Entourage supports) cannot do this.

Jlwolfer  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 7, 2004, 09:57 AM

Thanks for you help. I'm still so use to outlook.

Forum Links
Forum Rules