Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > 1st Gen Ipod touch in Infinite restart loop

1st Gen Ipod touch in Infinite restart loop
neverskatewsandles
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2009, 12:43 AM

My First Gen Ipod touch hasn't been working right in months. A while back I was presented with the problem of my power/sleep button not seeming to work properly. It started to come up with the "slide to power off" screen every time I pressed the sleep button no matter if I tapped it or if I held it down. Now it won't even do that. I then tried to put it into DFU mode and restore SEVERAL times and still no luck. About 5 minutes after I disconnect it the thing puts itself into restart mode and shows the apple screen, boots up then starts the whole process over again until the battery dies. I'd love to finally fix this thing as it has been bothering me for months. $400 bricks sitting on my desk aren't the best reminder to why I spend my hard earned money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2ghz macbook /120gb hd ,1gb ram, superdrive/iwork

Forum Links
Forum Rules