Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > New iPods on the horizon???

New iPods on the horizon???
scrod008
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2003, 11:29 AM

I am thinking of buying a iPod in the next couple of months and would like everybody's thoughts on if you think they will be upgraded at the next Macworld Expo in January. Should a person wait or buy now?

Thanks

SSharon
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2003, 03:31 PM

I'm looking at the 40gb and I'm waiting till January just to be sure, it can't get more expensive.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 26, 2003, 03:54 PM

Rumors fly of a $100 5G iPod to be released Friday.

I'd wait until at least then

kovacs
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2003, 04:33 PM

It's too soon for a new iPod and it's too late for the end of year shopping season... maybe a cheaper 5gig iPod but I don't expect a new iPod before Macworld San Fransisco...

slider
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2003, 05:48 PM

This would be very smart for Apple, provide an iPod for all those cheap bastards who shop for the cheapest they can get a.k.a PC buyers.

mikeini
Forum Regular
Nov 26, 2003, 06:30 PM

while i may be cheap i dont have a need for 10 gigs, 20 gigs or 30 gigs. thats the reason i never got an ipod - it would be a waste for me to spend 300 bux for the 10 gig, an d only use maybe 3 to 5. im stoked if they really have a 5 gig coming out. gonna have to make a "quick" stop by the apple store to find out.

mike

cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2003, 06:31 PM

Originally posted by slider:
This would be very smart for Apple, provide an iPod for all those cheap bastards who shop for the cheapest they can get a.k.a PC buyers.
Or for the people that spent all of their money on new powerbooks or G5's. Not everyone has a ton of cash, or needs the space that the current ipods old. I don't have 10gb of music so that would be overkill for me.

cs
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

slider
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2003, 06:51 PM

Get an iPod and you will soon realize that just having an iPod encourages you to increase the size of your music library. Look around in the forum and you'll see this is common enough statement.

Also, I did not mean to offend anyone, sorry if I did. Perhaps stated a little better; there is a market for low-end mp3 players and Apple would be wise to fill it before someone else does with a AAC supported player and has made sure it's compatiable with iTunes.

Alpha-sphere
Forum Regular
Nov 26, 2003, 07:32 PM

Originally posted by subego:
Rumors fly of a $100 5G iPod to be released Friday.

I'd wait until at least then
Not gonna happen. If they do that they'll have to cut the prizes for the other iPod too. I just don't see it happening. It would be sweet though if it happend.