Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > osx doesnt remeber my folder settings when i log out anymore

osx doesnt remeber my folder settings when i log out anymore
sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2004, 10:02 AM

every time I log in now osx defaults my apps folder to brushed metal with 32x32 icons and they're all over the place, same with my macintosh HD, seems to save most toher folders thought anyone know how to correct this. I think it started happening a few days ago when finder froze.

I have a few permission probs on my machine after installing panther to a fresh user then adding my old one from a broken jag install and stuff, maybe I don't have permission to write to the .ds_store files so it doesnt save my settings?
( Last edited by sushiism; Apr 2, 2004 at 10:25 AM. )

sushiism  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2004, 06:18 PM

bump

dru
Senior User
Apr 5, 2004, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by sushiism:
every time I log in now osx defaults my apps folder to brushed metal with 32x32 icons and they're all over the place, same with my macintosh HD, seems to save most toher folders thought anyone know how to correct this. I think it started happening a few days ago when finder froze.

I have a few permission probs on my machine after installing panther to a fresh user then adding my old one from a broken jag install and stuff, maybe I don't have permission to write to the .ds_store files so it doesnt save my settings?
Finder is a PITA. I restarted after the latest security update and my desktop icons were all over the place.
20" iMac C2D/2.4GHz 3GB RAM 10.6.8 (10H549)

Forum Links
Forum Rules