Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS]

Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS] (Page 76)
Cold Warrior
May 31, 2008, 04:43 PM

Huh? I just watched the episode and it had a scene where Adama resigned, gave Tigh the rank, got in a shuttle and left Galactica. Lee was sworn in as president.

Visnaut
Senior User
May 31, 2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
They talked about the pregnant 6 but we never saw her (nor the discovery of her pregnancy)
Yep, we did see a scene with her. Tigh was questioning her about the resurrection hub, he started seeing Ellen, and then got annoyed and nearly strangled her.

they talked about Lee becoming president but we never saw it
We see him getting sworn in, with his oath transmitted over the wireless.

Adama talked about resigning but we never saw him do it
Not only did he resign, but he even gave his admiral pips to Tigh. And then got into a raptor and watched the rest of the fleet jump away.

Clearly you watched a different episode than the rest of us.

It seemed like everything important happened off-camera this week, and we only got to see people discussing it before or after the fact. For all we know there was a much more exhaustive search than we actually saw, and we were supposed to know this just because 99.9% of the fleet seemed to believe it.
Although you missed some crucial parts there, I do agree that the episode was very tightly edited. The search of the debris field was glossed over considerably.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2008, 06:16 PM

So wait, was #8 the last one for this half of the season or is there a new one next week?

Cold Warrior
Jun 1, 2008, 06:25 PM

There's a new one this week, June 6, entitled 'The Hub.'

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 1, 2008, 07:14 PM

Did nobody else find the revelation about Six's baby interesting for entirely non-soapy reasons? Supposedly it's impossible for two Cylons to have babies, so what gives?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Did nobody else find the revelation about Six's baby interesting for entirely non-soapy reasons? Supposedly it's impossible for two Cylons to have babies, so what gives?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing myself.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2008, 07:32 PM

Oh ok I thought that was the cliffhanger. In that case the last episode wasn't as bad as I thought.

Cold Warrior
Jun 1, 2008, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
Hmm...my TV calendar isn't showing a new one this week. I thought that was it.
What do you use? I use the TV Forecast widget and it's never let me down, despite tracking 24 shows with it.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2008, 09:47 PM

Hmm...my TV calendar isn't showing a new one this week. I thought that was it.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
What do you use? I use the TV Forecast widget and it's never let me down, despite tracking 24 shows with it.
CAT - Calendar for TV | The guide to your favourite TV shows with changable user settings

I'll check out that widget. I have 45 shows tracked with the above website, but I don't really watch them all and some of them no longer air anymore.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2008, 10:53 PM

My TV guide says it's on this Friday!!!

( Last edited by mrtew; Jun 2, 2008 at 06:23 AM. )

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

reader50
Administrator
Jun 1, 2008, 11:04 PM

That's good to know.

hwojtek
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2008, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing myself.
Hmmm, since the Cylons themselves insist they cannot reproduce, 6's pregnancy can be explained only in two ways - either the "final 5" is a bit more capable than the rest, or it's not Tighs child. In this case my bet is: it's Baltar's child.
The Opera house vision would be much more symbolic in this case - it would be not about a single Hera kid, but about human/Cylon children as a group. Athena does not want these children to be separated from the Fleet, Roslin has her own business in keeping these hybrids handy (BTW - 6's child will be quite useful for Roslin, if any character could recall the cure for her first cancer) and Cylons & Baltar would obviously take the hybrids with them, wherever they may head afterwards...
( Last edited by hwojtek; Jun 2, 2008 at 06:45 AM. )
Wojtek

All Macs still running: iMac G3 Trayloader 333MHz, iMac G3 350 MHz, iMac G4, PM G4 DP 1.6 GHz, 2 x eMac 1 GHz, PBG4 12" 1.5 GHz, Mac SuperMini™ C2D 2.33GHz/802.11n/200GB, Mac Pro Quad Core 2.0 GHz/4GB.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2008, 06:39 AM

I'm thinking that the final five aren't PHYSICALLY Cylons like the normal 7 are. It would be too huge of coincidence that amongst the billions of humans killed on the twelve colonies that all of the final five just happened to be on the one battlestar that escape the holocaust and countless Cylon extermination attempts. The final five must be some kind of spirits or projections that are inhabiting Tigh and the others and they've been totally normal humans up until this season, and are thus perfectly capable of having children with either humans or Cylons.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

hwojtek
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2008, 06:52 AM

Uhm, you mean each of the final 5 has his/her own "head Cylon" that takes over sometimes? It has been said: D'Anna has seen the faces of the final 5, so would it mean she is far more capable in regards of ability to visualize and precog than other known Cylons?
I'm not sure... the edit: indeed not a Heavy Raider ceased fire after it recognized Samuel Anders by scanning his face...
( Last edited by hwojtek; Jun 2, 2008 at 03:42 PM. )
Wojtek

All Macs still running: iMac G3 Trayloader 333MHz, iMac G3 350 MHz, iMac G4, PM G4 DP 1.6 GHz, 2 x eMac 1 GHz, PBG4 12" 1.5 GHz, Mac SuperMini™ C2D 2.33GHz/802.11n/200GB, Mac Pro Quad Core 2.0 GHz/4GB.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2008, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by hwojtek View Post
The Heavy Raider ceased fire after it recognized Samuel Anders by scanning his face...
That was a regular raider.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

hwojtek
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2008, 07:05 AM

Was it? I thought it was the same his wife has encountered, but I must have been mistaken, sorry ;-)
Wojtek

greenamp
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2008, 02:53 PM

Definitely a normal raider. And the eye scan scene was a significant allusion to the fact that the final 5 are indeed machines, just like the others.

If indeed it is Tigh's baby, there is nothing preventing it story wise. The final 5 are different, and to what extent we do not yet know.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2008, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by hwojtek View Post
the "final 5" is a bit more capable than the rest
I don't think that is it as remember the cheif and Boomer were knocking boots for a while and no baby popped out.

Cylons thought the missing ingredient was love. Perhaps Tai's love for his wife that he sees in 6 might help but then again I am pretty sure the chief loved boomer at the time also.

Visnaut
Senior User
Jun 7, 2008, 09:14 AM

So last night's episode was sort of wierd. I guess I was expecting more, but from Laura's visions during jumps, to Baltar's drugged confession, and the seemingly easy strike on the Hub, it just all seemed very convenient. I didn't feel any sort of suspense. And the Adama/Laura in love subplot is kind of cheesy. I wish they'd just kept their sort of respectful detachment.

The few moments I did like were when Baltar was trying to convert the centurion, and when D'anna psyched Laura out for a second by saying she was a cylon. I guess that rules her out as a candidate now.

Also, where the hell has Anders been the last few episodes? We didn't see him last week, and he certainly wasn't one of the pilots on the rebel basestar this week; maybe they removed his flight status after what he did to Gaeta. Tyrol and Tory have been reduced to bit parts as well. Oh well, at least we got to see plenty of Tigh last week, the only real interesting member of the final four.

So next week's episode will be the last 'til 2009. It better be good...

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2008, 10:06 AM

I thought it was a great episode. Setting the battle to destroy the hub more in the background of the narrative didn't bother me so much, because it's been the series' M.O. for a while (it reminded me a lot of the battle to destroy the resurrection ship).

I thought all of Baltar's scenes were great, from the conversations with the centurion, to yelling at the hybrid, to his deathbed confession.

Does Roslin now have a head-what's her face? The spiritual leader who died on Kobol?

Originally Posted by Visnaut
Also, where the hell has Anders been the last few episodes? We didn't see him last week, and he certainly wasn't one of the pilots on the rebel basestar this week; maybe they removed his flight status after what he did to Gaeta. Tyrol and Tory have been reduced to bit parts as well.
They have way too many characters to keep everyone happy. But from the previews, it looks like the Anders, Tigh, Tory, and Tyrol will be central to the next episode.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2008, 11:52 AM

The show looks like it could end in three or four episodes. How many are left?

I find the cylon civil war to be the most interesting plotline. No more ressurrections will change the way they do things. No more "suicide" missions.

I enjoyed last nights episode, but not as much as two episodes ago.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2008, 12:23 PM

I was bothered by how the Cylons were a bunch of gutless push-overs. Helo decides to double-cross them and No. 8 is just like, "Wait, what? That is SO NOT FAIR, dad!" No, "Helo, I could kill you with my bare hands" or "Guys, there are only three of you humans in here and one of them is injured. If we send in a couple of centurions, you're going to look like a fleshy cheese grater. Just hand him over." The Cylons sacrificed way more than the humans to get here, so why are they just going to sit back and let the humans double-cross them?
Chuck
___

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2008, 01:12 PM

Where was Leobin this week? I saw lots of 6s and 8s but no 2s. Am I blind (again)?

I agree, Chuckit, and I also thought the hub itself was kind of a pushover. How did the one damaged rebel basestar manage to win so completely against all the others? It looked like there weren't even any fighters left to defend the hub against the nuclear strike.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2008, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
The show looks like it could end in three or four episodes. How many are left?
Next week is #10 of season 4 and 100% for sure the last one for this year.
Next year there is either 8 or 10 more and that's all.

Last episode was totally amazing. Some things bothered me like how easy and conveniently Helo plucked up the just resurrected #3 without running into a single Centurion. How the Cylons didn't do anything when the prez screwed them over and i am not quite sure yet what the message or point was of the Prez's vision between jumps.

Next week looks serious though, in the Canadian trailer it looks like the final 4 get summoned to a room again through programming and what looks like Tai volunteering to blow himself out an airlock! Not to mention the Prez giving an order to blow up the Cylon basestar and Amama breaking down in tears for all the people he just sent to their death!

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2008, 01:20 PM

In the American teaser, it shows Tigh come out as a Cylon to Adama while Tory (possibly with the other three?) tells Roslin that she's decided to join her people on the basestar.
Chuck
___

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
In the American teaser, it shows Tigh come out as a Cylon to Adama while Tory (possibly with the other three?) tells Roslin that she's decided to join her people on the basestar.
Holy crap! Wish I could watch it but SciFi doesn't let me!

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2008, 01:35 PM

Chuck
___

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2008, 03:23 PM

Damn that almost shows too much. 3 of the 4 in an airlock about to be blown out when starbuck stops them!? Tori leading Toasters on an attack against humans. And it looks like they are in orbit of a planet.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 7, 2008, 03:54 PM

My enthusiasm for BSG is dwindling. Aside from one or two episodes, Season 4 really hasn't lived up to my expectations. And if the second half doesn't premier until 2009, I don't know how much I will care to watch.

After last night's episode, I popped in some discs from the Season 1 set; That is the show that pulled me in. And I don't think it exists anymore.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2008, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
My enthusiasm for BSG is dwindling. Aside from one or two episodes, Season 4 really hasn't lived up to my expectations. And if the second half doesn't premier until 2009, I don't know how much I will care to watch.

After last night's episode, I popped in some discs from the Season 1 set; That is the show that pulled me in. And I don't think it exists anymore.
Are you the same person saying the same thing for the past 10 pages? If so yes I think it is time for you to go and for good. Personally I am absolutely loving these episodes in season 4 other than a couple slow but still good ones.

I think they are doing everything right and it will be a long year without it!

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Visnaut View Post
The few moments I did like were when Baltar was trying to convert the centurion, and when D'anna psyched Laura out for a second by saying she was a cylon. I guess that rules her out as a candidate now.
She's been ruled out for months now...

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Are you the same person saying the same thing for the past 10 pages? If so yes I think it is time for you to go and for good. Personally I am absolutely loving these episodes in season 4 other than a couple slow but still good ones.

I think they are doing everything right and it will be a long year without it!
It was voodoo with the non-stop b*tching before.

I thought it was a good episode, but I do agree that the hub was taken way too easily. I expected way more of the Vipers pilots to die. But overall I really liked it and I'm glad there's at least one more episode before the break.

Weyland-Yutani
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2008, 05:53 PM

It was voodoo with the non-stop b*tching before.
It was you with the non-stop fanboi apoligism which made this thread really tiresome. Voodoo had fine points, you not so much, so get a grip.

“Building Better Worlds”

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Weyland-Yutani View Post
It was you with the non-stop fanboi apoligism which made this thread really tiresome. Voodoo had fine points, you not so much, so get a grip.
WTF? I'd really like to see where I have been a "fanboi" in this thread. I have pointed out MANY episodes that I didn't feel were up to par. All I said to voodoo was that if he truly hated every episode every week that he should just stop watching. Why would you subject yourself to something weekly that you hate???

And how is that being a "fanboi"?

Lava Lamp Freak
Jun 7, 2008, 08:12 PM

I like last night's episode, especially Baltar with the Centurion. I think the parallels between Christianity are getting stronger now. Last night Baltar talking about the flood, then there was the chest wound in the same location as where jesus was supposed to have been stabbed, and then his arms being stretched out as he was bleeding to death.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lava Lamp Freak View Post
I like last night's episode, especially Baltar with the Centurion. I think the parallels between Christianity are getting stronger now. Last night Baltar talking about the flood, then there was the chest wound in the same location as where jesus was supposed to have been stabbed, and then his arms being stretched out as he was bleeding to death.
The whole flood thing sounded like Noah's arc to me. Could Adam and eve be the hybrid children?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 8, 2008, 01:37 AM

Shucks... so I offended you Lateralus by having the nerve to ASK a mod that if he is the same person complaining about the show a few pages back you should stop watching the show. My deepest apologies for saying such a horrible thing to someone with your stature.

Just another day at MacNN
( Last edited by analogue SPRINKLES; Jun 8, 2008 at 01:44 AM. )

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2008, 01:42 AM

Maybe Roslin's spiritual adviser is the final one?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 8, 2008, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Maybe Roslin's spiritual adviser is the final one?
Meh, would anyone care? "Hey you rememeber that little bible thumper lady from season 1... ya she was the Final Cylon".

I think it could be a vision of the same person who appeared as Leoben when starbuck went into the maelstrom.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Jun 8, 2008, 12:03 PM

I'm still watching the episode, but I have to say I enjoyed the bit at the beginning making Baltar look the fool.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
I'm still watching the episode, but I have to say I enjoyed the bit at the beginning making Baltar look the fool.
Baltar is some of the best comic relief I've seen in a drama in a long time.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

andi*pandi
Jun 9, 2008, 01:33 AM

loved the conversation with baltar and the guard. Wonder, can they speak?

And while destroying the hub is sure devestating, I don't see how that stops resurrection forever. Do current cylons not have the knowledge to rebuild?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 9, 2008, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
loved the conversation with baltar and the guard. Wonder, can they speak?

And while destroying the hub is sure devestating, I don't see how that stops resurrection forever. Do current cylons not have the knowledge to rebuild?
I was wondering why they can't just build a new one either.

As for the Toasters... I don't think they can talk as there is no real need to as they seem to do everything wireless.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 11, 2008, 08:46 PM

I just saw this last episode and I loved it. The show is really starting to pick up now. I was worried that they were spinning their wheels a bit, but now the **** is really hitting the fan.

And ugh, I hate this 2009 crap. These long breaks suck. Especially for a show with as many subplots and characters as this one. I always forget so much during the time off. It kills all the momentum.

Oh well.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 12, 2008, 01:55 PM

For those of you that can't wait until tomorrow night for the midseason finale, this turned up in my inbox:

My prediction is they find earth tomorrow, it's trashed, and they find Starbuck's original viper crashed with her body still in it, a la Count Iblis in the original show. If I remember the original right, I think that makes Starbuck the devil. Or something. Anyway, I think we will still see a ship of lights before all is said and done.
Nemo me impune lacesset

lexapro
Baninated
Jun 13, 2008, 10:50 AM

( Last edited by Chuckit; Jun 13, 2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Spoiler tag)

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2008, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by lexapro View Post
Holy frak. SPOILERS
Fan-****ing-tastic. Please use the spoiler tags before the episode actually airs.

lexapro
Baninated
Jun 13, 2008, 11:00 AM

Fan-****ing-tastic. Please use the spoiler tags before the episode actually airs.
The episode *is* airing. Over and over. You don't even need a TV. Also, the entire threat is labeled as SPOILERS.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 13, 2008, 11:08 AM

Up to now it's just worked out that episodes aren't openly discussed until they air on the US East Coast, so I think it would be considerate to other posters not to unexpectedly post details of "future" episodes while they think the thread is still "safe."
( Last edited by Chuckit; Jun 13, 2008 at 11:32 AM. )
Chuck
___

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by lexapro View Post
The episode *is* airing. Over and over. You don't even need a TV. Also, the entire threat is labeled as SPOILERS.
Yeah, well it doesn't *actually* air until 10pm EST tonight. After that is when spoilers are typically discussed. I didn't expect to come into this thread the morning of the new episode (when it hadn't even leaked online) to see stuff like that.

Thanks for tagging it for everyone else.

Forum Links
Forum Rules