Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Theming Forum

Theming Forum
mrbiiggy2
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2002, 09:30 PM

While it might not be totally appropriate to create a thread about promoting my forum, I believe there is a dire need for an OS X customization forum like mine (What happened to the rest of the communities that just disappeared?). Now the only question is does the MacNN community agree?

Brien
Professional Poster
Dec 18, 2002, 11:02 PM

I've seen threads like this so many times I...

anyway, the admins would've done something by now.

macmike42
Senior User
Dec 18, 2002, 11:14 PM

Vote for/ask for/demand it here. At only 5 posts, it doesn't really appear to be in huge demand.
"Think Different. Like The Rest Of Us."

iBook G4/1.2GHz | 1.25GB | 60GB | Mac OS X 10.4.2
Athlon XP 2500+/1.83GHz | 1GB PC3200 | 120GB | Windows XP

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 12:07 AM

Nope. I want to help but I know that it won't work. Sorry

mrbiiggy2  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 19, 2002, 01:23 AM

Originally posted by brien:
I've seen threads like this so many times I...

anyway, the admins would've done something by now.
I know there's been a lot of threads on this, but nothing so far has happened, so I wanted to take the initiative and support the theming community... Sorry

swiz
GUI Punk
Dec 19, 2002, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by mrbiiggy2:

I know there's been a lot of threads on this, but nothing so far has happened, so I wanted to take the initiative and support the theming community... Sorry
The apathetic point of view regarding this around here is really depressing. I would support you mrbiggy2 but I feel (like many others) that a complete OSX(only) customization site is needed to garnish the support and lasting appeal for this to be a success. I am currently developing such a solution. Everyone says they want to do something about it yet when you offer something its not good enough. Im just tired of it and Im gong to do it myself. Anyway, I appreciate a little action around here even if most just want to continue assuming the complacent role.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

mrbiiggy2  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 19, 2002, 02:13 AM

Originally posted by swiz:
I feel (like many others) that a complete OSX(only) customization site is needed to garnish the support and lasting appeal for this to be a success.
I'm sorry, but where does my site mention anything other than OS X customization? That's the sites whole purpose and you just said that it doesn't even do that. Why would I have the site then? Please, support this and I'll keep putting time into it. This could be a good thing, and it's for the community, not myself.

swiz
GUI Punk
Dec 19, 2002, 02:23 AM

Originally posted by mrbiiggy2:

I'm sorry, but where does my site mention anything other than OS X customization? That's the sites whole purpose and you just said that it doesn't even do that. Why would I have the site then? Please, support this and I'll keep putting time into it. This could be a good thing, and it's for the community, not myself.
Clarification: A site which provides customization elements, customization tools, clearly and easily to be followed customization instruction.. Im sorry if your site does offer these but all I was able to find was the forums and forums are not the best place for people wanting to learn how to accomplish something, say getting into the Extras.rsrc and modifying it. Optimally one should be able to goto a site and click on _link_ and be able to follow a "tutorial" teaching them what to do. Much better than searching through forum threads for scattered information.

Thats why I said it's really necessary to do all or nothing, believe me, I tried to do something relative to your site before and unless you offer everything under the sun regarding the subject matter, people will visti once and only once. Its sad but i couldnt blame them when they stopped coming to my site before.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

mrbiiggy2  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 19, 2002, 02:40 AM

Originally posted by swiz:

Clarification: A site which provides customization elements, customization tools, clearly and easily to be followed customization instruction.. Im sorry if your site does offer these but all I was able to find was the forums and forums are not the best place for people wanting to learn how to accomplish something, say getting into the Extras.rsrc and modifying it. Optimally one should be able to goto a site and click on _link_ and be able to follow a "tutorial" teaching them what to do. Much better than searching through forum threads for scattered information.

Thats why I said it's really necessary to do all or nothing, believe me, I tried to do something relative to your site before and unless you offer everything under the sun regarding the subject matter, people will visti once and only once. Its sad but i couldnt blame them when they stopped coming to my site before.
One person could never accomplish this on their own: that's why I'm trying to get the people already interested in theming on my site and contributing. Then the site can move into that area, hopefully.

Forum Links
Forum Rules