Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > logitec keyboard and special caracters

logitec keyboard and special caracters
Artwork
Feb 16, 2003, 05:45 AM

I just installed a logitec wireless optical keyboard and mouse. Works great BUT...

I can not use the ( "at" ) symbol used in email adresses since i can not find the correct and working key combination. The same goes for the "euro" symbol ????

I see them on my keyboard ( european), I know that on a windows keyboard one have to press the Alt-Gr key first, but that wont work on my mac ( jaguar). Mind you, I use a font that supports these symbols.

I realy dont know anymore...

help please

Sven G
Professional Poster
Feb 17, 2003, 01:08 PM

If you (correctly) have the keyboard set to Macintosh layout (right-click on the keyboard icon in Logitech Control Center 1.0.4), then you should get the @ or Euro symbol exactly as in a real Apple keyboard: by holding down alt/option/start and @ or Euro (at least, it works for me)...

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

psurfer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2003, 02:20 AM

Pardon me if I'm missing something here, but you mean to tell me that a standard Logitec keyboard doesn't have the "@" as the uppercase symbol with the "2" key (+Shift), like on every regular keyboard on the planet?

Sven G
Professional Poster
Feb 18, 2003, 02:57 AM

Originally posted by psurfer:
Pardon me if I'm missing something here, but you mean to tell me that a standard Logitec keyboard doesn't have the "@" as the uppercase symbol with the "2" key (+Shift), like on every regular keyboard on the planet?
On the European keyboards (also the Apple ones), the layout is different from the US one: for example, on my Italian layout, the Euro sign is on the E key, while the @ is on the key after the L key (which can have different letters on it according to "nationality").

Artwork  (op)
Feb 18, 2003, 03:17 AM

Thank you for all the answers but the problem isen's solved jet. I found the @ symbol under the greater than-smaller than - backslash key.

Althoug my keyboaord ( azerty, belgian and mac layout) is properly configured, when pressin the start-alt-option key and the 2 key , I get this : �.

Pressing the start-alt-option and the E key, that should give me the euro symbol , I get this: �.

This is driving me nuts, There must be something wrong but what?

Sven G
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2003, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by Artwork:
Thank you for all the answers but the problem isen's solved jet. I found the @ symbol under the greater than-smaller than - backslash key.

Althoug my keyboaord ( azerty, belgian and mac layout) is properly configured, when pressin the start-alt-option key and the 2 key , I get this : �.

Pressing the start-alt-option and the E key, that should give me the euro symbol , I get this: �.

This is driving me nuts, There must be something wrong but what?
BTW, are you sure that you have the Belgian layout selected in the "flag" menu (after the help menu) in the menu bar? Otherwise, it could be that Logitech hasn't yet implemented the Belgian keyboard layout (is there only one, or are there two or more?): try to write to Logitech and see what they answer...

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Feb 21, 2003, 12:45 AM

OS X has a Belgian layout.

Make sure it's selected, then use Key Caps to see where the @ is.

It makes NO DIFFERENCE whether you're using an Apple keyboard or some other brand.

Ignore your Windows keyboard, some things aren't in the same place.

psurfer: not everyone here lives in the U.S. Get this: other countries have different keyboard layouts (to accomodate the languages spoken there).

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules