Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > ffmpegX and sound sync

ffmpegX and sound sync
Artwork
Jul 24, 2003, 11:42 PM

good morning,

I have a instruction movie in avi format wich plays ok with QT.

I converted in with ffmpegX in order to write it on a DVD ( the program quick settings used sVCD as the output format)

To my surprice the sound was totaly out of sync?

realy need some help on this one?

THX

buddhabelly
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2003, 10:21 PM

I'm also fairly new to ffmpegX, but the first thing I would check is to make sure the framerates match. If your original AVI was 15fps and you encoded to 24 or 29.97 fps DVD, your audio will be out of sync. I haven't gone much past this point yet.

While I like ffmpegX, I'm trying to learn the CLI interface for ffmpeg. Is there a book out there about this? I know that most everyting is in the man page or the web, but sometimes it's just easier to have a book in front of you.

Oh yeah, there is another program, I think Uncle Skeleton wrote, called Synchole. It attempts, I believe, to re-sync audio to the video.

Artwork  (op)
Jul 26, 2003, 12:58 AM

Interesting idea !

But, since I live in Europe I have to convert all the files to PAL, and that is 25 fps. And indeed , my original was NTSC (29.97 fps)

I am now trying to save the file to PAL VCD and I changed the framerate setting to 29.97 instead of the predifined ( quick settings ) 25 fps.

Wonder what that will do??

Forum Links
Forum Rules