Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Digital projector reccomendation for designer

Digital projector reccomendation for designer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 4, 2003, 09:12 PM

I want to show off my portfolio and would like to take it on the road.

Any reccomendations for a projector that will have good color balance and strong blacks.

I would like something ultralight like the infocus 2Lbers. Will these small guys be able project great images or do I need to trade up n wight to get great images.

bluedog
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2003, 12:40 PM

I've had experience with older projectors, and InFocus was one of them (the older tech doesn't hold a candle to the newer projectors).

The key for you to choose would be to go to a showroom of an office supply/electronics shop and connect your laptop to it.

Colorsync will be your friend in getting the best color output possible. Then you should simply compare across the offerings they have.

Sorry I don't have more recent experience, but I think you'll find something in the light range that will do the job.

proudponyride
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2003, 12:27 AM

This site has tons of information, opinions, and stuff to only WISH you could afford; along with stuff to fit your budget. Figure that out first (budget), otherwise you could spend a boatload more than you really need to.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/

My opinion... look at the specs and the company you're buying from. Then get the absolute cheapest projector that fits your needs, because it's just like computers... as soon as you type in your credit card info, you'll be the proud owner of the latest-and-greatest out-dated technology... just like the SINGLE 1.8GHz G5 owners. I really feel bad for those guys... no I don't. I can't even afford a refurb...

Happy surfing!
Ben
All generalizations are false.

Forum Links
Forum Rules