Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Heroes Season Premier

Heroes Season Premier (Page 3)
Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2007, 10:33 PM

I for one am fascinated by Maya and Alejandro. To me, at least, it didn't seem like he was just cancelling out her powers, it seemed like it was doing him harm in some kind of way. I mean look at his eyes, his face, during the process. Something bad was going on there. I think they will have a huge part in this season, althoguh I'm not quite sure what it is yet.

And the Ms. Petrelli "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" made me laugh out loud.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2007, 10:34 PM

Anyone look at the graphic novels? It looks like the Hatian had more time to talk with Suresh then what we've seen...Suresh explained the whole double agent thing, which is why the Hatian went back to Bennet. Pretty cool.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2007, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Maybe he's Candice?!

God, now that would be a twist I could get behind.

Demonhood
Administrator
Oct 3, 2007, 02:41 AM

took ep.2 awhile to get interesting, but i think it's building up steam.

but the way the announcer said "the box" in the preview for next week made me laugh out loud. "oh my god! the box that contains Peter's wallet!!1!! it's mystical and crap!"

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
The dog just kept barking at Frying Man 2.0 (whatever the dolt's name is) up in the sky and Claire never thought to look at what Mr. Muggles was so excited about.
I thought that too, and that the flying stalker should maybe put a little more distance between himself and her windows.

* The crying-blood-out-the-eyes-girl. Her brother can reverse the effects and bring people back to life. I hope this eventually kills him. Too much of it for him to control or something and he dies. Myabe it's just because I think their side of the story is boring. I didn't like the fact that her 'temporary blood tattoo' vanished. I think it would've been cooler if she actually had blood on her face and they had to wipe it away.

* Hiro's story. I thought there would be two options that they could do. Hiro forgets about the drunk Englishman and becomes the legend that he grew up reading about. I think that option would have been cool since he would be his own hero. The other option would be that Hiro would do all the work (using his powers) and the Englishman would take all the recognition. Now that we know the guy can heal himself, what good is Hiro?

* I'm happy that the Haitian is back with Noah. I liked them from the first season.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 3, 2007, 10:45 AM

I find it odd that Claire's new dude has the same powers as her dad. Creepy.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 3, 2007, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
I didn't like the fact that her 'temporary blood tattoo' vanished. I think it would've been cooler if she actually had blood on her face and they had to wipe it away.
Maybe you should get HD! They were blood/black tears, which changed to clear (regular) tears. Seems a bit black to me, not sure if it's blood (her blood maybe is black?).

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 3, 2007, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
but the way the announcer said "the box" in the preview for next week made me laugh out loud. "oh my god! the box that contains Peter's wallet!!1!! it's mystical and crap!"
That was hilarious. I mean, Heroes previews have always been way overdramatic to the point of just making stuff up (remember than one where it said we'd find out what "Save the cheerleader, save the world" meant, but we only found out what "Save the cheerleader" meant, which we already knew?), but "THE BOX" takes the cake.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2007, 11:28 AM

Yes, the "blood" turned to tears -- it didn't vanish.

I, for one, am hoping this is a tie-in to the Black Oil form the X-Files, myself.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 3, 2007, 11:53 AM

Wait, HRG can fly?

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 3, 2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
Wait, HRG can fly?
Nathan Petrelli is Claire's biological dad, not HRG.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 3, 2007, 12:43 PM

Oh, that dad. Right.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2007, 01:36 PM

What does HRG stand for?

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 3, 2007, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
What does HRG stand for?
horn rimmed glasses

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2007, 02:11 PM

If I remember right, that's what bennet's unofficial name was when everyone talked about the show before they actually told us his name.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 3, 2007, 05:35 PM

Off-topic. Does that mean that Claire's hyman will grow back every time she does the dirty lizard with flyboy?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 3, 2007, 06:48 PM

Wow.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 3, 2007, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Randman View Post
Off-topic. Does that mean that Claire's hyman will grow back every time she does the dirty lizard with flyboy?
...and I was just wondering if her healing powers meant she couldn't die. Obviously we've moved right past that onto the more important things.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 3, 2007, 08:03 PM

Apparently her body has determined an "ideal" state - 10 toes, in-tact skin, etc., and it appears that it will return the body to that state if it's altered. So that would lead to the assumption that she couldn't age...wrinkles couldn't appear, muscles wouldn't wear out or get old, etc.

And apparently either her power numbs pain or she has an incredibly high threshold...there's a difference between knowing your hand will heal after putting it in boiling water, and shoving it in there as the skin gets scalded, and the same goes with cutting off a toe. Yeah, she winced, but it wasn't in proportion to what she did.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 3, 2007, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Apparently her body has determined an "ideal" state - 10 toes, in-tact skin, etc., and it appears that it will return the body to that state if it's altered. So that would lead to the assumption that she couldn't age...wrinkles couldn't appear, muscles wouldn't wear out or get old, etc.

And apparently either her power numbs pain or she has an incredibly high threshold...there's a difference between knowing your hand will heal after putting it in boiling water, and shoving it in there as the skin gets scalded, and the same goes with cutting off a toe. Yeah, she winced, but it wasn't in proportion to what she did.
I think it was Tim Kring who said that she feels pain, but there is kind of an upper threshold to how much pain she experiences, so that cracking every bone in her body isn't much worse than, say, twisting her ankle funny.
Chuck
___

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2007, 10:02 PM

Interesting... I was wondering what was up with that as well.

Do you remember where you saw that? I'd be interested in reading it.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2007, 02:26 AM

Hrm, I can't find it. I don't know if it's in a magazine that's not on the Web or if I just conflated two unrelated statements in my head or what. Here's the closest thing I can find:
Claire feels pain, but not the way most of us do.
Chuck
___

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Oct 8, 2007, 10:03 PM

Heroes: The Hookup Episode.

Cold Warrior
Oct 8, 2007, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Heroes: The Hookup Episode.
That doesn't sound promising.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Oct 8, 2007, 10:27 PM

And Nikki's back. I'm pissed. She and her stupid son were so annoying.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2007, 11:04 PM

This felt like the we-couldn't-negotiate-contracts-with-previous-secondary-actors episode.

P.S. I'm annoyed that Peter and Sylar are still alive.

Oh and... UHURA!

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 8, 2007, 11:16 PM

I was bored. As much as I loved Season 1, 2 has been a disappointment. Even tonight's finale seemed forced.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2007, 01:38 AM

Not much happened tonight...little tid-bits here and there but nothing huge on any front. Kinda just summing up the past 2 episodes...weird. Didn't even talk about the first generation, and the damn symbol!!! that's what i'm waiting for. and for more info on maya/alejandro, not watching them do the same exact thing.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 9, 2007, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
This felt like the we-couldn't-negotiate-contracts-with-previous-secondary-actors episode.

P.S. I'm annoyed that Peter and Sylar are still alive.

Oh and... UHURA!
More like "How many Star Trek actors can we get in our show?"
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

lavar78
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2007, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Not much happened tonight...little tid-bits here and there but nothing huge on any front.
I thought the "tidbits" were good. We saw Hiro communicating with Ando from the past; learned the fates of DL, Sylar, and Candace; discovered a connection between Claire's friend and her dad; and saw Maya use her powers on purpose. I was really intrigued about Peter's tattoo morphing into the symbol and Sylar's powers.

Speculation: You know, I have a feeling the person hunting down the first generation could be

( Last edited by lavar78; Oct 9, 2007 at 02:06 AM. )

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 9, 2007, 02:29 AM

I liked Maya actually using her powers. I was just thinking she should do her crying thing, but I didn't think she was actually badass enough to go through with it.

Also, I totally called Sylar killing Candace. I thought he was going to as soon as she mentioned she had a power, and then when she said that bit about helping him get his powers back, I was like, "Yep, I bet you will." But now I'm wondering if she doesn't still have him in an illusion and that's why his powers don't work.
Chuck
___

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 9, 2007, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by lavar78 View Post
Speculation: You know, I have a feeling the person hunting down the first generation could be. . .
I don't think so. I wasn't going to post this, but I think it's fairly obvious after this episode who it is:

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 9, 2007, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
I don't think so. I wasn't going to post this, but I think it's fairly obvious after this episode who it is:

I was thinking so too, though I'm not entirely sure exactly what made me think it.
Chuck
___

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2007, 06:10 AM

If I'm HRG, and I've just seen that painting, I head down to the eye doctor and pick up some Lasik. Then, I'm not wearing glasses and can't get shot through them. I was wondering a bit if the painting was truly HRG or if it was the fat whiny guy that is Mohindr's handler with the company.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2007, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post

Well, given how Hiro's dad was killed, both of them would work. My choice is more dramatic (even though I can't explain how it could happen yet).

Cold Warrior
Oct 9, 2007, 01:06 PM

Super lame episode. Again.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 9, 2007, 01:15 PM

I liked it.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2007, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Super lame episode. Again.
Yep. Felt like they realized the whole hero in the past was too long and boring so they make it a quick narrated story instead this time around.

Nice to see Peter is making friends on the other side of the world though. Zzzzz.
Do you think he has Sylar's powers and doesn't know it?

THe best thing about this episode was Sylar is back in all his hotness.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2007, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
More like "How many Star Trek actors can we get in our show?"
They want to impress us put Scottie or Bones in it.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2007, 02:03 PM

Lame. LAME.

Ugh.

Why must this happen?
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 9, 2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
They want to impress us put Scottie or Bones in it.
Eventually it will be revealed that they are in an alternate universe, and all the Star Trek captains must come together to heal a dimensional rift...

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2007, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
Lame. LAME.

Ugh.

Why must this happen?
Here's my perspective. I didn't watch season 1 until it was nearly over. I had heard massive hype about how great it was. It took a number of episodes for it to really grow on me, perhaps because my expectations had been raised so high. I think you're having the same problem with season 2 - your expectations are high and you're not being patient enough for the story to ramp up to your expectations.

Rumor
Oct 9, 2007, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by wallinbl View Post
Here's my perspective. I didn't watch season 1 until it was nearly over. I had heard massive hype about how great it was. It took a number of episodes for it to really grow on me, perhaps because my expectations had been raised so high. I think you're having the same problem with season 2 - your expectations are high and you're not being patient enough for the story to ramp up to your expectations.
Most likely the case for everyone who isn't happy.

I am enjoying each episode as they come along. Patience is the key.

I scream every time the show ends cause I have to wait another week.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2007, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Most likely the case for everyone who isn't happy.

I am enjoying each episode as they come along. Patience is the key.

I scream every time the show ends cause I have to wait another week.
Agreed. We're 3 episodes into a 24-episode story. There is enough mystery to pique my interest; I don't want too many secrets to be revealed this early. Things seem to be moving at approximately the same speed as last year IMO.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 10, 2007, 06:54 PM

Btw, what's up with Parkman and Mohinder? Have they gay adopted Molly?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 10, 2007, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by lavar78 View Post
Agreed. We're 3 episodes into a 24-episode story.
More like a 13-episode story, I think — this season is two arcs.
Chuck
___

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2007, 11:22 PM

So... Sylar. Is he still in an illusion? Is this one of those holodecks inside a holodeck sort of moves? Ooooo the mystery.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2007, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
So... Sylar. Is he still in an illusion? Is this one of those holodecks inside a holodeck sort of moves? Ooooo the mystery.
ANOTHER Star Trek reference?

Demonhood
Administrator
Oct 12, 2007, 02:18 PM

in the next episode Moriarity is going to show up and try to help him escape*.

*uber geeky reference

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2007, 02:24 PM

I guess the Season 1 Candice read the script, realized she was going to die during the third episode, and signed on to do Reaper.
I liked that when Candice died she was fat. In the first season they hinted towards the fact that she wasn't pretty, and that she was using her powers to make everyone see her as pretty.

I hoped 'Peter's Irish Adventure' would be over after their heist, but alas, it seems like it will be dragging on while he delays opening his box and enjoys his love interest.

Maya and Alejandro seem like Nikki and DL part 2. Not enjoying them, or the fact that Nikki is back.

Let's hope this season gets better.

Forum Links
Forum Rules