Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Im looking Some 04/ G 5 parts used

Im looking Some 04/ G 5 parts used
TomD3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2008, 07:50 AM

a graphics cars currently have a thought to be bad 9600 ati 64 mb , I* also need an Sata hard drive So i can at least test this box to see if all is well Then I guess I ll spring for thee good stuff Anyone in centeral carolina ?? tOMd

OreoCookie
Oct 2, 2008, 07:57 AM

Eeeh, what?
Can you rephrase that into legible English?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

TomD3  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2008, 09:43 AM

i was given a beautiful mac g5 04 edition im lookin a sata hard drive and a graphics card the 9600 ati is believed to be bad.. and the hard drive was removed by the old owner im looking parts so i can test unit to see if all is ok like owner said (he has a new mac to run windows) like I notice most of ya do My Daughter needs a Machine for school work and they use Mac at school .Id hate to see machine in such a beaitiful box go to waste but apparently many do become landfill weights Tom and Kayla D

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Oct 2, 2008, 11:10 AM

Any SATA hard drive will work, but for the graphics card, you must buy a Mac-specific one. I'm not sure whether your system uses PCI-X or PCIe expansion slots for that, you'll want to look into it first.

TomD3  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2008, 09:04 AM

I figd with everyone upgrading and getting rid of these dinos.. it would be easy to find some used stuff i think my mid dual 04 2.0 model says pcix on its label it is agp 8x it came w a non fan cooled ati 64 mb .. now with the latest thread about being so slow the guy couldnt even get anything done at his internship just checkin mail and web surfin i imagine a whole lot of these machines will be rushing to trash shortly ha ha!

TomD3  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2008, 12:43 PM

well i guess its not that easy i ll check w the mac guy at my daughters school young guy pretty snappy

TomD3  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 7, 2008, 09:50 PM

this list like thee Vw list

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Oct 8, 2008, 09:33 AM

oh. my. goodness. and if you are looking to buy used parts, check the marketplace.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008, 10:45 PM

Any SATA drive will do.

You'll need an AGP 8x card for Mac if you've read us the sticker on the machine correctly.

Ask in the marketplace forum if you need a specific part like that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules