Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Free Three Year Warranty?

Free Three Year Warranty?
craigb6
Aug 28, 2006, 04:49 PM

Hi! My Dad ordered me my first Mac today by telephone through the Apple Education Store (UK) and when he said that I didn't want the Applecare warranty the guy said that it comes with a three year warranty as standard. I was pretty surprised to hear this (I only found out after looking at the Order Status and saw something strange listed - 'Contract Uplift iBook' and then asked him). Has anyone else had this? I was thinking this might be something to do with the fact that my MacBook isn't going to arrive for a few weeks?
MacBook 2.0GHz | 2GB RAM | 80GB HDD
http://craigb6.blogspot.com/

freakboy2
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 28, 2006, 04:58 PM

ibook and macbook are not the same. maybe call them up and find out whats up. it sounds weird.

craigb6  (op)
Aug 28, 2006, 05:19 PM

Yeah I thought maybe that he either did the wrong thing or they haven't updated it yet, although saying that it has been out for a few months already.

jsnyder
Forum Regular
Aug 28, 2006, 09:34 PM

I was under the impression that in some european nations manufacturers are required to provide a 3 year warranty, though I've got no text to back that up. I certainly know there's no such thing in the US, though we do have laws against getting stuck with a lemon they certainly don't extend for 36 months
MacBook White 2.0 GHz, SuperDrive, 2 GB RAM, 120GB
-jsnyder

craigb6  (op)
Aug 29, 2006, 10:55 AM

Right I phoned them up and they said that it is a three year hardware warranty, so if it breaks down within three years they will repair or replace it, but it doesn't come with the phone support. So it's like a free Applecare without the phone support.

Forum Links
Forum Rules