Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > whats a good quality host? no promo crap

whats a good quality host? no promo crap
generationfourt
Forum Regular
Jul 15, 2006, 07:59 PM

I've had dreamhost for a year now and need to cancel it before they bill me for a whole year. Bandwidth isn't my main concern, but I need lots of storage space to back up on (20+ gb storage).

Another thing I really want is a nice user interface for account info and web stats. I really like media temple but they are pricey and only offer 2gb of storage. 1and1 has a nice amount of storage (50gb) and 500gb bandwidth for $4.95 but I want to know if there is anything out there that is more quality/premium.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jul 15, 2006, 08:08 PM

What do you mean by "20+ GB"? 25GB or 100GB or 400GB?
Even Dreamhost's lowest plan has 20GB. For $16/mo you're looking at 60GB. Plus it increases by >2GB/mo.

generationfourt  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 15, 2006, 08:14 PM

I mean I want at least 20 gb of storage, 10 or 15 will suffice as well. I may stick with dreamhost but I hate the interface and I want to know what the other options are...

All of the hosting review and ranking sites seem to be more of a referral thing so I just want some honest opinions

genevish
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 17, 2006, 03:39 PM

I have always been happy with http://www.phpwebhosting.com. They aren't the cheapest, but they're reasonable, and their service has always been excellent with any question or problem I have had. They offer to bump up their disk space to whatever you need, but you might email them to make sure they can accomodate 20 gigs. (I'm only using 300 megs or so.)

Thanks,
Scott Genevish
scott AT genevish DOT org

Thorzdad
Jul 17, 2006, 07:24 PM

I've been happy so far with A Small Orange, in Atlanta.

Forum Links
Forum Rules